Selena Gomez talks Justin Bieber: 'We enjoy each other's company every now and then'
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images North America7 of 16
- Photo: Marcus Golejewski/Future Image/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: VISP/GSI9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: DMac/Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: Selena Gomez/Twitter14 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/Rachid Ait/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
"I've known him for a really long time and we enjoy each other's company every now and then," she shared. "But I'm definitely single and enjoying being that."
Indeed, the pair's on-again, off-again relationship since their first breakup in November 2012 has had way more than its fair share of ups and downs.
Most recently on July 27, the 19-year-old "Believe" singer attended Gomez's gypsy-themed, 21st birthday party in Malibu, Calif., as Us Weekly previously reported. "Justin flew in specifically for the party on a day off from his tour," a source told Us. "He wasn't dressed in costume, but carried a single red rose in his hand."
Taking a cue from her bestie, Taylor Swift (who's endured more than one breakup in the public eye), the former Disney star says that she's trying to deal with her relationship/friendship with the Canadian native as privately as she can.
"Taylor's been one of the strongest people I've ever known and she's been through a lot," Gomez explained. "Honestly, I think if anything, I aspire to be her in her personal life and how she handles herself publicly."
Bieber issues aside, the actress -- who kicks off her Stars Dance tour Aug. 14 -- is focusing on family time, and especially on her new little half-sister, Gracie (who was born in June to her mom and stepdad). "It's crazy," she told the AP. "There's a 21-year age gap, which is OK, but it's actually really amazing because we won't be fighting over boys or clothes, so I'll be able to be a cool aunt in a way."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite