Shakira clears up 'territorial' comment about boyfriend Gerard Pique, "I was being humorous"
- Photo: WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Willi Schneider/Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: ALBERT GEA/Reuters5 of 11
- Photo: @shakira/Twitter6 of 11
- Photo: NBC7 of 11
- Photo: KM/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:52:52 AM
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in videoMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:49:12 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This December
Shakira speaks! The Columbian singer cleared up her previous comment that her boyfriend Gerard Pique is "territorial" and doesn't allow her to make music videos with men in a Facebook message posted on Thursday.
"Hey guys - I recently said in some interviews that my man could be territorial. For the record, I was being humorous and now I see that some press took it very literally!" the 37-year-old wrote. "The reality is that we have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue on either side."
She added: "Next time I promise, I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humor, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted!"
"The Voice" mentor opened up about her relationship with the soccer star, 25, in Billboard back in March. "He's very territorial, and since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women," she said at the time. "It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to."
The couple were first spotted together in March 2011; they share son Milan, 15 months.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite