Shakira promotes education and sport during Azerbaijan visit
- Photo: Gorassini-Guignebourg/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Scott Heavey/GettyImages.com2 of 16
- Photo: Reuters3 of 16
- Photo: Reuters4 of 16
- Photo: Scott Heavey/Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: Reuters6 of 16
- Photo: Reuters7 of 16
- Photo: Reuters8 of 16
- Photo: IPA PRESS/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Pat Denton/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: JJ/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: @shakira/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Shakira met with a group of teenage girls in Azerbaijan on October 12 to talk to them about the power of education.
RELATED: Shakira pregnant with first child
As part of her role as an UN Ambassador, the superstar took time out before her concerts in the the capital Baku to chat with the adolescents about how important studying is and how they can promote healthy living through sport.
RELATED: Shakira chops off her hair
After her meeting, she said, "Sport is a particularly good way of reaching out to girls as well as boys, and can provide them with opportunities to connect with others socially. Sport, like education, can help girls become equal players in society."
RELATED: Shakira Eye Candy
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite