Shakira's secret to motherhood
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: @3gerardpique/Twitter2 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter3 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter4 of 9
- Photo: Shakira/Unicef/.5 of 9
- Photo: ZCVA/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Miquel Benitez/Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter8 of 9
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
Known for her enviable hips, after giving birth to her first child with her soccer star boyfriend, Gerard Pique, Shakira, 36, tells The Washington Post she still hasn't returned to her original pre-baby bod.
"I still have a long way to go. I still have a few pounds over to lose,” she said. "I look decent.”
As a full-time mommy with a new baby, Milan Pique Mebarak, a singing career and her weekly post as a judge on "The Voice," the "Hips Don't Lie" singer says the secret is there is no trick to juggling her personal and professional life.
"It's part of motherhood, you know. You got to figure it out as you go,” she says.
These days Shakira sings a different tune compared to when she first gave birth and revealed her struggles with motherhood, saying it wasn't what she expected it to be.
"I didn't expect babies to need so many diapers! Nobody told me they needed to be changed so often!" she told US Weekly. "I mean, he's a great, great baby. He's an easy one, I think, but nobody told me it would be this hard. It takes a lot of energy from you. It's just that it's not as idyllic as everybody tells you, but also not as horrible as everyone tells you."
Shakira attended the red-carpet event celebrating the top 12 finalists of "The Voice" alongside her fellow coaches, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher.
"He's great. He's so mellow, but he's very alert too. It's like he knows what's going on around him. He knows when someone comes in the room or comes out. He's something,” the singer says of her son, who was born on Jan. 22.
Helping the Colombian singing sensation find balance is the kid-friendly set of "The Voice," which welcomed the new addition and sees regular visits from co-judge Usher's children, Levine's nephews and host Carson Daly's kids.
"With Milan, it's a full-blown nursery!" explained Daly of Shakira's baby-friendly trailer. "It's just like Shakira's door opens and 'It's a Small World' starts playing. It's built for Milan. And it's really special and it's cool. We're like a little family.”
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Day at the Races
Kendra Wilkinson spends a day at the races with her boys on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite