Shakira's secret to motherhood
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: @3gerardpique/Twitter2 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter3 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter4 of 9
- Photo: Shakira/Unicef/.5 of 9
- Photo: ZCVA/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Miquel Benitez/Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look DealMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:54:27 AM
- Early Ratings: 'Sound of Music' Looks Like a Hit for NBCMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:46:24 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Reminds Viewers Just How Sensitive Los Angeles Reporters Are To 'Cold&aposMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:43:14 AM
- Jon Stewart on Fox Commentator's Brave Stance Against the Pope (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:37:11 AM
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auctionMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:30:59 AM
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look Deal
Known for her enviable hips, after giving birth to her first child with her soccer star boyfriend, Gerard Pique, Shakira, 36, tells The Washington Post she still hasn't returned to her original pre-baby bod.
"I still have a long way to go. I still have a few pounds over to lose,” she said. "I look decent.”
As a full-time mommy with a new baby, Milan Pique Mebarak, a singing career and her weekly post as a judge on "The Voice," the "Hips Don't Lie" singer says the secret is there is no trick to juggling her personal and professional life.
"It's part of motherhood, you know. You got to figure it out as you go,” she says.
These days Shakira sings a different tune compared to when she first gave birth and revealed her struggles with motherhood, saying it wasn't what she expected it to be.
"I didn't expect babies to need so many diapers! Nobody told me they needed to be changed so often!" she told US Weekly. "I mean, he's a great, great baby. He's an easy one, I think, but nobody told me it would be this hard. It takes a lot of energy from you. It's just that it's not as idyllic as everybody tells you, but also not as horrible as everyone tells you."
Shakira attended the red-carpet event celebrating the top 12 finalists of "The Voice" alongside her fellow coaches, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher.
"He's great. He's so mellow, but he's very alert too. It's like he knows what's going on around him. He knows when someone comes in the room or comes out. He's something,” the singer says of her son, who was born on Jan. 22.
Helping the Colombian singing sensation find balance is the kid-friendly set of "The Voice," which welcomed the new addition and sees regular visits from co-judge Usher's children, Levine's nephews and host Carson Daly's kids.
"With Milan, it's a full-blown nursery!" explained Daly of Shakira's baby-friendly trailer. "It's just like Shakira's door opens and 'It's a Small World' starts playing. It's built for Milan. And it's really special and it's cool. We're like a little family.”
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite