Shakira's secret to motherhood
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: @3gerardpique/Twitter2 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter3 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter4 of 9
- Photo: Shakira/Unicef/.5 of 9
- Photo: ZCVA/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Miquel Benitez/Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter8 of 9
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
Known for her enviable hips, after giving birth to her first child with her soccer star boyfriend, Gerard Pique, Shakira, 36, tells The Washington Post she still hasn't returned to her original pre-baby bod.
"I still have a long way to go. I still have a few pounds over to lose,” she said. "I look decent.”
As a full-time mommy with a new baby, Milan Pique Mebarak, a singing career and her weekly post as a judge on "The Voice," the "Hips Don't Lie" singer says the secret is there is no trick to juggling her personal and professional life.
"It's part of motherhood, you know. You got to figure it out as you go,” she says.
These days Shakira sings a different tune compared to when she first gave birth and revealed her struggles with motherhood, saying it wasn't what she expected it to be.
"I didn't expect babies to need so many diapers! Nobody told me they needed to be changed so often!" she told US Weekly. "I mean, he's a great, great baby. He's an easy one, I think, but nobody told me it would be this hard. It takes a lot of energy from you. It's just that it's not as idyllic as everybody tells you, but also not as horrible as everyone tells you."
Shakira attended the red-carpet event celebrating the top 12 finalists of "The Voice" alongside her fellow coaches, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher.
"He's great. He's so mellow, but he's very alert too. It's like he knows what's going on around him. He knows when someone comes in the room or comes out. He's something,” the singer says of her son, who was born on Jan. 22.
Helping the Colombian singing sensation find balance is the kid-friendly set of "The Voice," which welcomed the new addition and sees regular visits from co-judge Usher's children, Levine's nephews and host Carson Daly's kids.
"With Milan, it's a full-blown nursery!" explained Daly of Shakira's baby-friendly trailer. "It's just like Shakira's door opens and 'It's a Small World' starts playing. It's built for Milan. And it's really special and it's cool. We're like a little family.”
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite