Shakira's secret to motherhood
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: @3gerardpique/Twitter2 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter3 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter4 of 9
- Photo: Shakira/Unicef/.5 of 9
- Photo: ZCVA/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Miquel Benitez/Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: @Shakira/Twitter8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Known for her enviable hips, after giving birth to her first child with her soccer star boyfriend, Gerard Pique, Shakira, 36, tells The Washington Post she still hasn't returned to her original pre-baby bod.
"I still have a long way to go. I still have a few pounds over to lose,” she said. "I look decent.”
As a full-time mommy with a new baby, Milan Pique Mebarak, a singing career and her weekly post as a judge on "The Voice," the "Hips Don't Lie" singer says the secret is there is no trick to juggling her personal and professional life.
"It's part of motherhood, you know. You got to figure it out as you go,” she says.
These days Shakira sings a different tune compared to when she first gave birth and revealed her struggles with motherhood, saying it wasn't what she expected it to be.
"I didn't expect babies to need so many diapers! Nobody told me they needed to be changed so often!" she told US Weekly. "I mean, he's a great, great baby. He's an easy one, I think, but nobody told me it would be this hard. It takes a lot of energy from you. It's just that it's not as idyllic as everybody tells you, but also not as horrible as everyone tells you."
Shakira attended the red-carpet event celebrating the top 12 finalists of "The Voice" alongside her fellow coaches, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher.
"He's great. He's so mellow, but he's very alert too. It's like he knows what's going on around him. He knows when someone comes in the room or comes out. He's something,” the singer says of her son, who was born on Jan. 22.
Helping the Colombian singing sensation find balance is the kid-friendly set of "The Voice," which welcomed the new addition and sees regular visits from co-judge Usher's children, Levine's nephews and host Carson Daly's kids.
"With Milan, it's a full-blown nursery!" explained Daly of Shakira's baby-friendly trailer. "It's just like Shakira's door opens and 'It's a Small World' starts playing. It's built for Milan. And it's really special and it's cool. We're like a little family.”
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite