Sharon Jones undergoing chemotherapy after cancer surgery
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Dave Martin/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: PN2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- 'A Haunted House 2' Review: Less Terrible, Still TerribleMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:08:00 PM
- Saturday Night Live to Air 40th Anniversary Special in 2015MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 12:54:00 PM
- Amy Poehler Promises 'Very Exciting Last Moment' in 'Parks and Rec&apMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 12:33:00 PM
- Shakira to Perform New Single 'Empire' on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 12:11:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in Cleveland
Singer Sharon Jones has embarked on a course of chemotherapy after undergoing surgery as part of her cancer battle, but insists she is feeling "stronger and more focused" about her recovery every day.
The soul star and her band the Dap-Kings had to scrap a number of shows this summer after the frontwoman was diagnosed with a tumor on a bile duct. She underwent an operation to remove the growth back in June and she recently started a course of further treatment to help her beat the disease.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Jones has opened up about her ongoing battle in a post on her Facebook page, revealing she is determined to get better so she can get back on stage.
She writes, "I've been spending my time recovering in a beautiful spot in upstate New York, and I really couldn't be luckier to have such amazing support from my friends, family and fans.
RELATED: Weirdest diet tricks
"Although my surgery to remove my cancer in June was successful, my doctor recommended that I do a 6-month course of preventative chemotherapy, which I started a month ago. I wish I could say it's been a breeze, but this is looking to be the most challenging part yet.
"Thankfully, I'm feeling stronger and more focused on getting back out on stage every day."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite