Sinead O'Connor Attempts Suicide, Sends Twitter Plea for Help
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: BT1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Mark Doyle/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Titti Fabi/Retna Ltd.6 of 10
- Photo: JIM COOPER/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Promotional8 of 10
- Photo: ENNIO LEANZA/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Sex Abuse Lawsuit Against Bryan Singer DroppedMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 8:20:00 AM
- Netflix Provides First Look at 'Marco Polo' and Premiere Date (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 8:16:00 AM
- See Brad Pitt's Wedding Ring!MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 7:18:00 AM
- 'Rosewater,' 'Birdman' and 'Wild' Headed to TeMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 7:11:00 AM
- First Look: Family Guy and The Simpsons Crossover Episode MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Sex Abuse Lawsuit Against Bryan Singer Dropped
Sinead O'Connor's antics have once again taken a turn into the tragic. The Irish singer, who recently wed, broke up with, and then reunited with therapist Barry Herridge, tells the London Sun that she attempted suicide last Thursday in Los Angeles.
"I took an overdose," reveals Sinead, who also admits she nearly tried again two days ago. "God obviously wants me around, though I can't think why."
On Wednesday, the problem-plagued mother of four sent out a barrage of tweets detailing her fragile emotional state.
"i realize i will be in trouble 4 doing this but..Ireland is a VERY hard place to find help in," Sinead wrote. "having tried other ways 1st anyone know a psychiatrist in Dublin or Wicklow? I'm really unwell -- and in danger."
She quickly reiterated the urgency of the situation: "i desperately need to get back on meds today. am in serious danger."
O'Connor, 45, who also claimed to be suffering from a broken ankle, blamed her spiral on the fallout from her impulsive marriage.
On Sunday, the Independent newspaper wondered whether her new husband's work with drug-addicted teens was at odds with his marriage to someone who went searching for pot shortly after they exchanged vows in a pink Cadillac at a Las Vegas chapel.
Thankfully, Sinead eventually got back on Twitter to thank her followers for their suggestions and support, insisting that was she "feeling much better."
"I just had to make a cry for help," she told the Sun.
"dont be ashamed to reach out an dont mind any1 bashes u for it," O'Connor tweeted. "thats what hospitals said today. so.. thank God for twitter and Gods lovely ppl. now me work.. then me love up me man."
This isn't the first time she has used Twitter as a lifeline. In September, the singer sent a similar series of soul-baring tweets, saying, "I [bleeping] hate Ireland so much. All this s--- we're not supposed to say. Including suicidal feelings, sex, etc. U just get treated like a crazy person. I want to go to heaven SO bad."
In 2007, Sinead admitted to Oprah that she tried to kill herself on her 33rd birthday in 1999. Four years later, she was diagnosed as bipolar.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite