Sinead O'Connor Lashes Out at Miley Cyrus in Second Letter, Hopes She Will Apologize to Amanda Bynes
- Photo: WENN1 of 20
- Photo: Mark Doyle/Splash News2 of 20
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage4 of 20
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 20
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 20
- Photo: Twitter7 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 20
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet10 of 20
- Photo: AO1/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: JE1/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: FS2/WENN13 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Osvaldo/Fame Flynet15 of 20
- Photo: DT2/Daniel Tanner/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: @MileyCyrus/Twitter17 of 20
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: Bernd Kammerer/StarTraks19 of 20
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Sinead O'Connor wants the last word! Hours after Miley Cyrus responded to the Irish singer's open letter about her provocative ways, the 46-year-old responded -- again! -- via her official Facebook page on Thursday, Oct. 3. In the "We Can't Stop" singer's initial response, Cyrus compared O'Connor to Amanda Bynes and shared a photo of O'Connor's infamous (and very controversial) "Saturday Night Live" bit when she ripped a photo of the Pope in 1992.
"ANOTHER OPEN LETTER TO MILEY CYRUS," the "Nothing Compares 2 U" songstress began. "Miley…Really? Who the f--- is advising you? Because taking me on is even more f-----' stupid than behaving like a prostitute and calling it feminism. You have posted today tweets of mine which are two years old, which were posted by me when I was unwell and seeking help so as to make them look like they are recent. In doing so you mock myself and Amanda Bynes for having suffered with mental health issues and for having sought help."
She continued: "I am staggered that any 20 yr old woman of the 21st century could behave in such a dangerous and irresponsible manner as to not only send the signal to young women that its ok to act like prostitutes but also to the signal that those who have suffered or do suffer mental health problems are to be mocked and have their opinions invalidated. Have you no sense of danger at all?"
"It is most unbecoming of you to respond in such a fashion to someone who expressed care for you. And worse that you are such an anti-female tool of the anti-female music industry," she added.
O'Connor also thinks that Cyrus, 20, should "wake up and understand" how her behavior can affect others. "I hope that you will apologize to Amanda Bynes and to any person who has been wounded by your mockery of those who have suffered," she wrote. (Bynes, 27, is currently "making great strides" after moving to celebrity rehab center the Canyon in Malibu, Calif., three weeks ago.)
O'Connor, 46, ended her letter by touching on her infamous 1992 picture. "Furthermore you posted a photo of me tearing the pope’s photo ... as if to imply insanity," she said. "I suggest you read The Philadelphia Report, The Boston Report, all the reports which will illuminate for you why that action of mine remains sane and valid. By mocking it you mock every child who suffered sexual abuse at the hands of priests and had it covered by the Vatican. You could really do with educating yourself, that is if you're not too busy getting your t--- out to read."
Cyrus' response? "Sinead. I don't have time to write you an open letter cause Im hosting & performing on SNL this week," she wrote via Twitter. "So if youd like to meet up and talk lemme know in your next letter. :)"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite