Sinead O'Connor: 'My marriage is over'
- Photo: Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com4 of 14
- Photo: Mark Doyle/Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: Mark Doyle/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: ENNIO LEANZA/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: DOUG HEALEY/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Wattie Cheung/Retna Digital9 of 14
- Photo: Titti Fabi/Retna Ltd.10 of 14
- Photo: JIM COOPER/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Phil Loftus/Retna Ltd.12 of 14
- Photo: Promotional13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Scandal Postmortem: Are Olivia and Fitz Over for Good?MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 10:08:00 AM
- Ratings: Scandal Hits Finale High; Community, Parenthood Up MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 9:34:00 AM
- I Don't Know What Bryan Singer Did, and Neither Do YouMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Scandal' Season Finale Up as ABC Wins NightMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:55:00 AM
- Hillary Rodham Clinton's New Memoir Title and Cover UnveiledMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Scandal Postmortem: Are Olivia and Fitz Over for Good?
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Sinead O'Connor has told fans her marriage is over for good after just five weeks.
The "Nothing Compares 2 U" singer split from Barry Herridge just two weeks after their shock wedding in Las Vegas on Dec. 8; they later reconciled and vowed to give their union another try.
But O'Connor posted an update on her official website on Friday to announce: "The marriage (is) untenable so that it is now over."
The Irish star spiraled into meltdown earlier this week, taking an overdose of pills and telling her followers on Twitter that she was desperate for psychiatric help and medication.
RELATED: Sinead O'Connor's Evolving Look
In her new message, she blames sections of the media for her marriage collapse and vows to swear off men forever to avoid a repeat of her heartache.
She writes, "Thank u so much for all ur kind emails and prayers and thoughts and numbers and advice. Have because of u all managed to sort [out] help and am told [I] will be much better in a day or so.
"Ireland is a very f----- up country. Certain sections of our media are pure evil. These people, along with others caused enormous damage deliberately and maliciously to my innocent flower of a husband, purely because he was with me. And so his association with me became something very bad for his life. And slowly since we were married I became very ill as [a] result of what was done to my husband and I was unable to cope. And became depressed."
"The behaviour of one particular paper resulted in very serious damage to my husband and myself personally and consequently made the marriage untenable so that it is now over and I hope the media will kindly leave the poor man alone to get on with his life.
"I will never again associate myself romantically with anyone as I could not bear to see these things done again to someone I love... Well guys. I'm gonna be me. And if anyone doesn't like that they can seek therapy. Because I am wonderful. Exactly as I am."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite