Sinead O'Connor says Miley Cyrus feud is over, shows off new cheek tattoos
- Photo: SI1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: SI1/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Twitter4 of 16
- Photo: Picasa/GettyImages.com5 of 16
- Photo: @MileyCyrus/Twitter6 of 16
- Photo: IB2/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Mark Doyle/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Mark Doyle/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Mark Doyle/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Waving the white flag? After a third open letter to Miley Cyrus about the singer's provocative behavior, "abuse" toward Amanda Bynes and even threatening to sue, Sinead O'Connor seemingly let go of her beef with the "We Can't Stop" singer and said the feud between the two is basically over.
"It's about music being murdered, it's not actually about Miley," the 46-year-old explained during an appearance on Ireland's The Late Late Show on Friday, Oct. 4. (Via The Daily Mail) "As far as I'm concerned it's over, it's not something I really want to talk about."
"I doubt Miley is the type of person who sat down and said that I want to hurt Amanda Bynes," she continued. "I was upset on behalf of Amanda Bynes. I thought it was a nasty thing to do to Amanda Bynes because she had nothing to do with the conversation. And also the poor girl is in hospital at the moment receiving treatment." After O'Connor wrote her original open letter to Cyrus, the "Wrecking Ball" singer then compared her to the former Nickelodeon star via Twitter. Bynes, 27, was placed in celebrity rehab center The Canyon in Malibu three weeks ago. She moved to a private treatment facility earlier this week.
"Why I would engage in wanting to talk to certain artists A, as a mother and B, as a person who loves music and believes in it's power to change things. There's a certain alarm that needs to get rung," she said. "Artists around the world will agree that music is being murdered, the power of real rock and roll to move people, to change things is being murdered."
Though the "War" songstress acknowledges she's not a role model herself, she did shed light on perhaps why she told Cyrus in such a public way to stop "prostituting" herself. "The money making end of music is taking over," she said. "I was asked to wear mini-skirts and grow my hair and that is why I shaved my hair," she recalled of her record company wanting to change her image. "I wanted to be genuinely judged on my talent and not how I looked."
O'Connor's change of heart toward the former Disney star wasn't the only revelation. During the show, the Irish singer also sported her new cheek tattoos -- a letter "B" on one and the letter "Q" on the other. Though she wouldn't comment on the new ink (first spotted in mid-September), it could be speculated that the initials are a nod to her past love Brendan Quinlan. She previously split from her ex-husband Barry Herridge after 16 days of marriage in December 2011.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite