Sinead O'Connor Threatens to Sue Miley Cyrus After Miley Asks to Meet Amid Feud
- Photo: Picasa/GettyImages.com1 of 26
- Photo: WENN2 of 26
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Instagram3 of 26
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News4 of 26
- Photo: AO1/WENN5 of 26
- Photo: JE1/WENN6 of 26
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 26
- Photo: IB2/WENN8 of 26
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 26
- Photo: Mark Doyle/Splash News10 of 26
- Photo: Mark Doyle/Splash News11 of 26
- Photo: Splash News12 of 26
- Photo: Scott Gries/Invision/AP13 of 26
- Photo: Getty Images North America14 of 26
- Photo: GettyImages.com15 of 26
- Photo: @MileyCyrus/Twitter16 of 26
- Photo: Twitter17 of 26
- Photo: Disney Channel/Promotional18 of 26
- Photo: Disney Channel/Promotional19 of 26
- Photo: Promotional20 of 26
- Photo: Tina Paul/WENN21 of 26
- Photo: IPA/ZJF/WENN22 of 26
- Photo: IPA/ZJF/WENN23 of 26
- Photo: E. Charbonneau/WireImage24 of 26
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage25 of 26
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
Nothing compares 2 this feud! Miley Cyrus and Sinead O'Connor's war of words -- with many, many more words coming from O'Connor's side -- continues. After the Irish-born '90s singer, 46, furiously chided the pop star, 20, in a second, lengthy "open letter" on her website, Cyrus retorted for the second time via Twitter late Thursday, Oct. 3 -- and, just as quickly, O'Connor threatened to sue.
"Sinead. I don't have time to write you an open letter cause Im hosting & performing on SNL this week," the "Wrecking Ball" provocateur (who indeed will be on the Saturday, Oct. 5 installment of Saturday Night Live) sniped. "So if you'd like to meet up and talk lemme know in your next letter. :)"
UPDATE: O'Connor then replied with a third letter via Facebook -- this time suggesting potential legal action. Addressed to "Miley," the missive begins: "I have no interest whatsoever in meeting you. You had plenty of time yesterday to abuse Amanda Bynes .. an entirely innocent party.. and myself.. who also did nothing to deserve your abuse.. along with every other sufferer of mental health problems and every person who suffered abuse at the hands of priests."
The feud began when O'Connor, whom Cyrus called a "role model," published an initial "open letter" chastising Cyrus for her hyper-sexual persona and warning her not to "prostitute" herself. The former Disney starlet replied by comparing O'Connor to troubled actress Amanda Bynes -- currently seeking psychiatric treatment -- and sharing a snapshot of O'Connor's infamous "SNL" appearance in which she shredded a photo of the Pope on the air.
O'Connor continues in her third letter: "You can take five minutes today between g- string [expletive] changes to publicly apologise and remove your abusive tweets. If you do not then you don't give a [expletive] who you mock and what damage you do by being so ignorant.When you publicly apologise to Amanda and myself and all mental health sufferers as well as all who were abused by priests that will end the matter as far as I am concerned.
"What you did yesterday was designed to damage me and my career and has caused me enormous distress and harassment and has potential to damage my career, since you deliberately gave the impression those tweets of mine were not two years old but reflect my current condition," the letter continues. "If you cannot apologize I will have no choice but to bring legal proceedings against you since it is extremely hard to be given work when people think one is suffering from mental illness. I have no interest in or desire to cause you trouble but if you do not apologise for having deliberately tried to cause me hurt and trouble personally and professionally I will have to bring pressure upon you. When you end up in the psych ward or rehab I'll be happy to visit you.. and would not lower myself to mock you."
The rant went on: "Cease behaving in an anti-female capacity. You will become the victim of it shortly. Soon it will be you the media 'crazy' .. and you will not enjoy it.. and you will appreciate people (like myself) standing up for you. Which I will be happy to do.. if you earn my respect today by apologising publicly."
As it happens, Cyrus unveiled brand-new photos sure to shock her fans and detractors in a whole new way: NSFW photos by her "Wrecking Ball" director Terry Richardson, in which she barely conceals her genitals in an extremely skimpy leotard, and bares her breasts through a sheer fishnet top.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite