Singer Bjork's vocal cord surgery successful
- Photo: JM8/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: FCL/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy for The Webby Awards/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: WENN4 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com8 of 14
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN9 of 14
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Pacific Coast News10 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Pacific Coast News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
LONDON (AP) -- Icelandic singer Bjork says she has had successful surgery to remove a vocal cord polyp.
RELATED: Fall fashion face-off
The eccentric 47-year-old singer says on her official website that she had been trying to tackle the problem with exercises and diets since doctors first discovered the polyp, a benign growth on either one or both of the vocal cords, several years ago.
Bjork said that she decided to undergo laser surgery and it has worked, though she had to stay quiet for three weeks.
RELATED: Trend Report: '90s Style
She wrote: "Surgery rocks! ... It's been very satisfying to sing all them clear notes again."
RELATED: Stars with the edgiest style
The singer apologized for cancelling various shows earlier this year, and that she looked forward to singing for her fans next year.
Last year Adele had minor surgery to remove a benign polyp.
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite