Singer Bjork's vocal cord surgery successful
- Photo: JM8/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: FCL/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy for The Webby Awards/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: WENN4 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com8 of 14
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN9 of 14
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Pacific Coast News10 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Pacific Coast News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
LONDON (AP) -- Icelandic singer Bjork says she has had successful surgery to remove a vocal cord polyp.
RELATED: Fall fashion face-off
The eccentric 47-year-old singer says on her official website that she had been trying to tackle the problem with exercises and diets since doctors first discovered the polyp, a benign growth on either one or both of the vocal cords, several years ago.
Bjork said that she decided to undergo laser surgery and it has worked, though she had to stay quiet for three weeks.
RELATED: Trend Report: '90s Style
She wrote: "Surgery rocks! ... It's been very satisfying to sing all them clear notes again."
RELATED: Stars with the edgiest style
The singer apologized for cancelling various shows earlier this year, and that she looked forward to singing for her fans next year.
Last year Adele had minor surgery to remove a benign polyp.
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite