Singer Bjork's vocal cord surgery successful
- Photo: JM8/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: FCL/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy for The Webby Awards/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: WENN4 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com8 of 14
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN9 of 14
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Pacific Coast News10 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Pacific Coast News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
LONDON (AP) -- Icelandic singer Bjork says she has had successful surgery to remove a vocal cord polyp.
RELATED: Fall fashion face-off
The eccentric 47-year-old singer says on her official website that she had been trying to tackle the problem with exercises and diets since doctors first discovered the polyp, a benign growth on either one or both of the vocal cords, several years ago.
Bjork said that she decided to undergo laser surgery and it has worked, though she had to stay quiet for three weeks.
RELATED: Trend Report: '90s Style
She wrote: "Surgery rocks! ... It's been very satisfying to sing all them clear notes again."
RELATED: Stars with the edgiest style
The singer apologized for cancelling various shows earlier this year, and that she looked forward to singing for her fans next year.
Last year Adele had minor surgery to remove a benign polyp.
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite