Singer Lauryn Hill faces federal tax charges
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: ZOM/ZOB/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Michael Caufield/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 11
- Photo: RH5/ZOB/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: RL2/ZOB/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Federal prosecutors have charged five-time Grammy winner Lauryn Hill with willfully failing to file income tax returns with the IRS.
Authorities say Hill earned more than $1.6 million during the three years that she failed to file returns. Prosecutors say her primary source of income is royalties from the recording and film industries.
RELATED: Stars With Money Woes
The 37-year-old South Orange, N.J., resident is scheduled to appear before a federal magistrate on June 29.
Hill got her start with The Fugees and began her solo career in 1998 with the critically acclaimed album, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill."
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite