Smash Mouth Star Granted Restraining Order From Wife, Files for Divorce
- Photo: J. Countess/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 5
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage3 of 5
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Smash Mouth bass player Paul De Lisle and his wife Mary have filed restraining orders against each other as part of a legal spat following domestic abuse allegations.
The "All Star" hitmaker, who co-founded the band in 1994, has been accused of beating his wife but, according to legal papers he has filed -- obtained by TMZ.com -- he's the victim.
Mary obtained her restraining order in December after claiming her then-estranged husband had threatened to beat her.
RELATED: Reunions That Need To Happen
She claimed De Lisle had "slapped me in the head and back, thrown objects at me, locked me in a closet, locked me out of the house, broken down doors to get to me, pinned me on the ground and sat on my chest, dragged me out of bed by my ankles."
And now the rocker has obtained his own restraining order, stating Mary "grabbed my hair and struck me with several blows, she kicked me and tried to break my fingers... in an attempt to render me unable to play music, which is what I do for a living." He also claims she threatened him with a knife.
De Lisle has also filed for divorce and is requesting sole legal and physical custody of the couple's two-year-old daughter.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite