Smash Mouth Star Granted Restraining Order From Wife, Files for Divorce
- Photo: J. Countess/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 5
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage3 of 5
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage4 of 5
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Smash Mouth bass player Paul De Lisle and his wife Mary have filed restraining orders against each other as part of a legal spat following domestic abuse allegations.
The "All Star" hitmaker, who co-founded the band in 1994, has been accused of beating his wife but, according to legal papers he has filed -- obtained by TMZ.com -- he's the victim.
Mary obtained her restraining order in December after claiming her then-estranged husband had threatened to beat her.
RELATED: Reunions That Need To Happen
She claimed De Lisle had "slapped me in the head and back, thrown objects at me, locked me in a closet, locked me out of the house, broken down doors to get to me, pinned me on the ground and sat on my chest, dragged me out of bed by my ankles."
And now the rocker has obtained his own restraining order, stating Mary "grabbed my hair and struck me with several blows, she kicked me and tried to break my fingers... in an attempt to render me unable to play music, which is what I do for a living." He also claims she threatened him with a knife.
De Lisle has also filed for divorce and is requesting sole legal and physical custody of the couple's two-year-old daughter.
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite