Smash Mouth Star Granted Restraining Order From Wife, Files for Divorce
- Photo: J. Countess/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 5
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage3 of 5
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- 'Once Upon a Time' Expands 'Frozen' Cast With Tyler Jacob Moore MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's Excelle
Smash Mouth bass player Paul De Lisle and his wife Mary have filed restraining orders against each other as part of a legal spat following domestic abuse allegations.
The "All Star" hitmaker, who co-founded the band in 1994, has been accused of beating his wife but, according to legal papers he has filed -- obtained by TMZ.com -- he's the victim.
Mary obtained her restraining order in December after claiming her then-estranged husband had threatened to beat her.
RELATED: Reunions That Need To Happen
She claimed De Lisle had "slapped me in the head and back, thrown objects at me, locked me in a closet, locked me out of the house, broken down doors to get to me, pinned me on the ground and sat on my chest, dragged me out of bed by my ankles."
And now the rocker has obtained his own restraining order, stating Mary "grabbed my hair and struck me with several blows, she kicked me and tried to break my fingers... in an attempt to render me unable to play music, which is what I do for a living." He also claims she threatened him with a knife.
De Lisle has also filed for divorce and is requesting sole legal and physical custody of the couple's two-year-old daughter.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite