Solange Knowles once used the Beyonce Card to fend off a bully
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 7
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks3 of 7
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 7
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Pulling out the ultimate sister card! Solange Knowles may not be in the spotlight quite as much as Beyonce (who is?), but the 27-year-old musician revealed during a radio interview this week that having Queen Bey as her older sister has had its perks. Back in the day, the younger Knowles fought off one particular bully by letting him know who she was related to.
"I wrote petitions to get this kid named Brandon out of school," the "Losing You" singer told Angie Martinez of Hot 97 on Thursday, Nov. 14. "He was so obnoxious and was constantly kinda bullying [me]."
But even after Brandon apparently called her mother [Tina Knowles] a "bitch" during a class trip, Knowles wasn't seeing a change. So, who did she call up? Destiny's Child of course!
"So one day, 'No, No, No Part 2' had just come out," she said of Destiny's Child's very first hit in 1998. "I [told him] my sister is gonna come here and you're going to be really surprised who she is. I kept telling my sister and Kelly [Rowland], 'You gotta come check this kid.' Of course he wasn't paying any attention to what I had to say," she said. "They pulled up and I would never forget the face Brandon made. They were coming to beat him up. It was Destiny's Child coming to beat him up. I loved it so much."
Though the single mother of son Julez, 9, only called upon the "Love on Top" singer, 32, that one time, Knowles did admit to years later using Wikipedia in order to get into a bar. (At the time, Solange lost her ID and needed a way to show the bouncer who she really was.) "I didn't feel good about it at all," she said of the situation.
Solange -- now an acclaimed singer, songwriter and producer in her own right -- was previously a backup dancer for Destiny's Child. She's currently promoting her brand-new record label Saint Heron.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite