Solange Knowles once used the Beyonce Card to fend off a bully
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 7
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks3 of 7
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 7
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
Pulling out the ultimate sister card! Solange Knowles may not be in the spotlight quite as much as Beyonce (who is?), but the 27-year-old musician revealed during a radio interview this week that having Queen Bey as her older sister has had its perks. Back in the day, the younger Knowles fought off one particular bully by letting him know who she was related to.
"I wrote petitions to get this kid named Brandon out of school," the "Losing You" singer told Angie Martinez of Hot 97 on Thursday, Nov. 14. "He was so obnoxious and was constantly kinda bullying [me]."
But even after Brandon apparently called her mother [Tina Knowles] a "bitch" during a class trip, Knowles wasn't seeing a change. So, who did she call up? Destiny's Child of course!
"So one day, 'No, No, No Part 2' had just come out," she said of Destiny's Child's very first hit in 1998. "I [told him] my sister is gonna come here and you're going to be really surprised who she is. I kept telling my sister and Kelly [Rowland], 'You gotta come check this kid.' Of course he wasn't paying any attention to what I had to say," she said. "They pulled up and I would never forget the face Brandon made. They were coming to beat him up. It was Destiny's Child coming to beat him up. I loved it so much."
Though the single mother of son Julez, 9, only called upon the "Love on Top" singer, 32, that one time, Knowles did admit to years later using Wikipedia in order to get into a bar. (At the time, Solange lost her ID and needed a way to show the bouncer who she really was.) "I didn't feel good about it at all," she said of the situation.
Solange -- now an acclaimed singer, songwriter and producer in her own right -- was previously a backup dancer for Destiny's Child. She's currently promoting her brand-new record label Saint Heron.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite