Solange Knowles once used the Beyonce Card to fend off a bully
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 7
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks3 of 7
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 7
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
Pulling out the ultimate sister card! Solange Knowles may not be in the spotlight quite as much as Beyonce (who is?), but the 27-year-old musician revealed during a radio interview this week that having Queen Bey as her older sister has had its perks. Back in the day, the younger Knowles fought off one particular bully by letting him know who she was related to.
"I wrote petitions to get this kid named Brandon out of school," the "Losing You" singer told Angie Martinez of Hot 97 on Thursday, Nov. 14. "He was so obnoxious and was constantly kinda bullying [me]."
But even after Brandon apparently called her mother [Tina Knowles] a "bitch" during a class trip, Knowles wasn't seeing a change. So, who did she call up? Destiny's Child of course!
"So one day, 'No, No, No Part 2' had just come out," she said of Destiny's Child's very first hit in 1998. "I [told him] my sister is gonna come here and you're going to be really surprised who she is. I kept telling my sister and Kelly [Rowland], 'You gotta come check this kid.' Of course he wasn't paying any attention to what I had to say," she said. "They pulled up and I would never forget the face Brandon made. They were coming to beat him up. It was Destiny's Child coming to beat him up. I loved it so much."
Though the single mother of son Julez, 9, only called upon the "Love on Top" singer, 32, that one time, Knowles did admit to years later using Wikipedia in order to get into a bar. (At the time, Solange lost her ID and needed a way to show the bouncer who she really was.) "I didn't feel good about it at all," she said of the situation.
Solange -- now an acclaimed singer, songwriter and producer in her own right -- was previously a backup dancer for Destiny's Child. She's currently promoting her brand-new record label Saint Heron.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite