Solange on sis Beyonce: 'I’m sure one day soon she'll want [a child] of her own'
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- TLC Couples 'Honey Boo Boo' Return With Weinstein Co.'s 'TrailerMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 10:00:13 AM
- How a Song About Custer Morphed Into 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Globe Nominee &aposMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:34:26 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Interprets Fake Nelson Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:30:14 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter LowMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:50:21 AM
- Estelle Parsons to appear on Broadway in springMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:11:36 AM
- TLC Couples 'Honey Boo Boo' Return With Weinstein Co.'s 'Trailer
By Brenda Rodriguez, with reporting by Mary S. Park
We caught up with Beyonce's lil sis Solange Knowles on Thursday night at the DKMS's 4th Annual Gala: Linked Against Leukemia in New York City. And she had plenty to say! Solange weighed in on Sandra Bullock's adoption, her own five-year-old son and Beyonce's future as a mama. Check out our interview below.
Your little man, Daniel Julez, is 5. What's his newest milestone?
Solange Knowles: The newest milestone is being able to exhale because we just chose a kindergarten which in New York, I'm sure you hear the stories. We just moved to LA from Houston and the interviewing process of me and him was very strenuous and a little insane. So we just got our acceptance letters and I feel extremely proud.
Was he stressed out?
SK: He wasn't because luckily the schools that we applied to didn't do interviews as much as they did a half day of school visit so he just thought he was playing with new kids every day. Me, on the other hand, was a little pressured. I'm like Ok, you're asked me a lot of questions. What does this have to do with?
What do you think of Sandra Bullock adopting a baby?
SK: I think it's a phenomenal, beautiful thing. Kelly Rowland actually grew up with us. She moved in when she was 5 and so we have sort of a blended family. I've only ever looked at her as a sister. I think adoption is a beautiful thing.
RELATED: Read more about Bullock's adoption
Would you consider adopting down the road?
SK: I would absolutely.
Beyonce said she loves to have her nephew with her, does she give him back?
SK: Yeah, I think that's a cool dynamic but I'm sure one day soon she'll want one of her own.
What would make her such a great mom?
SK: I think she just has one of the most beautiful hearts that I've ever experience in life. She's just a very kind hearted and patient person.
Have you ever given her advice about being a mom?
SK: When we get to the point, I'll start laying down the line.
We don't doubt it, Solange!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite