Source: Jessica Simpson, Eric Johnson Will Definitely Have Prenup
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy Pens Op-Ed, Regrets Hillary Clinton Lesbian CommentMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 6:55:00 PM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce Campbell
Jessica Simpson's fiance Eric Johnson is in it for love -- not money. Slamming a tabloid claim to the contrary, a source close to the engaged couple tells UsMagazine.com that Johnson, 31, "is not a gold digger."
Exhibit A, the source points out: "There will definitely be a prenup" for the pair. "Jessica has said she wants one. Jessica and Eric have talked about it," the source tells Us. Indeed, there's a lot of dough at stake: The Jessica Simpson fashion/accessories brand grossed about $750 million in retail in 2010 alone.
"[Eric] understands that there needs to be a prenup," the insider explains. "He's supportive of it." After dating for less than six months, ex-NFL pro and Yale grad Johnson popped the question to Simpson, 30, on Nov. 11."He really loves her," the source continues. "He's a low key guy. He's not into the glitz and materialism of Hollywood at all."
The singer-turned-mogul herself gushed about her husband-to-be to Us last week. "Every day is a romantic day with him," Simpson said at the Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting bash in NYC. "I'm very blessed."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDown-low Romance
From Crowd Ignite