Source: Jessica Simpson, Eric Johnson Will Definitely Have Prenup
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential Replacements
Jessica Simpson's fiance Eric Johnson is in it for love -- not money. Slamming a tabloid claim to the contrary, a source close to the engaged couple tells UsMagazine.com that Johnson, 31, "is not a gold digger."
Exhibit A, the source points out: "There will definitely be a prenup" for the pair. "Jessica has said she wants one. Jessica and Eric have talked about it," the source tells Us. Indeed, there's a lot of dough at stake: The Jessica Simpson fashion/accessories brand grossed about $750 million in retail in 2010 alone.
"[Eric] understands that there needs to be a prenup," the insider explains. "He's supportive of it." After dating for less than six months, ex-NFL pro and Yale grad Johnson popped the question to Simpson, 30, on Nov. 11."He really loves her," the source continues. "He's a low key guy. He's not into the glitz and materialism of Hollywood at all."
The singer-turned-mogul herself gushed about her husband-to-be to Us last week. "Every day is a romantic day with him," Simpson said at the Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting bash in NYC. "I'm very blessed."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
From Crowd Ignite