Source: Joe Jonas Dumped Demi Lovato Over the Phone
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Andy Fossum/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/GettyImages.com4 of 6
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Harsh! After just a few months of dating, Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato have called it quits, a source confirms to UsMagazine.com. Adding insult to injury: Jonas dumped Lovato over the phone. "He didn't have the heart to do it in person," the source explains. And it's not the first time Jonas has ended things that way: back in November 2008, his ex Taylor Swift admitted he dumped her during a "27 second" phone call a month before.
Lovato, 17, met Jonas, 20, in 2007 on the set of Disney channel series Camp Rock. The pair finally acknowledged their romance in a March radio interview with Access Hollywood's Billy Bush.
Just last week, Lovato gushed to Us that Jonas was "my first serious relationship...He knows me better than I know myself, and I know him better than he knows himself."
The source close to the pair explains that Jonas "thought it wasn't a good idea for them to be dating and working together all time and was afraid it was ruining the friendship."
The former couple will still have to deal with one another this summer: they're set to tour together this summer.
"She's a strong girl," the source says, adding that the breakup isn't "necessarily" forever. "They are so young...I wouldn't count them out yet."
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite