Splitsville for Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor SwiftRelated: Hot Gossip, Jake Gyllenhaal, Taylor Swift
- Photo: Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: USMagazine2 of 7
- Photo: Citadelnow/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever AfterMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:32:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight's' Director, Stars Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke Celebrate &aMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:13:43 PM
- Cannes: IFC Buys North American Rights to 'The Selfish Giant'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:09:45 PM
- Paddy Considine and Fares Fares Join Tom Hardy Thriller 'Child 44' (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:55:22 PM
- Steven Soderbergh Is Looking to Direct Clive Owen in Cinemax Series MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:53:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever After
By Kat Giantis
Here's hoping Jake Gyllenhaal made Taylor Swift sign a confidentiality agreement before they started dating. Otherwise, he may soon find the relationship immortalized in a heartbreaker of a song.
Yes, it seems that after two months of caffeine-fueled togetherness (and one hilariously awkward Us Weekly cover), Swiftenhaal is no more, with the pair reportedly pulling the plug on the romance shortly before New Year's.
"They're over," an insider tells People. "It ended last month."
The confessional chanteuse, 21, rang in 2011 in Nashville, while the dreamy-eyed actor, 30, was spotted hanging out in New York.
"He said he wasn't feeling it anymore and was uncomfortable with all the attention they got," a source tattles to Us. "He also said he could feel the age difference. Taylor is really upset. We told her not to move so fast with this, but she didn't listen."
Echoes a Gyllenhaal confidant, "Jake cares about her, but [the publicity] was a lot for him. He wants to keep his private life private, and that's hard to do dating Taylor."
The breakup comes just days after Jake's ex, Reese Witherspoon, announced her engagement to Jim Toth, whom she began dating early last year, not long after she ended their two-year relationship.
It also follows Jake and Taylor's recent milestone birthdays. And despite reports that the actor surprised the singer with an expensive guitar and/or a diamond bracelet, they reportedly celebrated their big days solo.
The ridiculously wholesome duo first stepped out together in October, when they were spied strolling around a farmer's market in Brooklyn and picking apples in upstate New York. Sightings of them grabbing coffee in Nashville and ice cream in Santa Barbara soon followed.
Then came talk that Swift, who spent Thanksgiving with the Gyllenhaal clan, was "love-struck."
Alas, Jaylor was not to be.
Still, it's not a total loss. We might get a great song out of it, something along the lines of, "When I looked into those baby blues/I thought it would last forever/but now these apples have turned sour/and you don't even rate a 'whatever.'"
Think you can do better? (OK, it would be hard not to.) Hit us up in the comments.
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite