Singer Rod Stewart to sail Titanic course
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: MARTIN CLEAVER/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: FIONA HANSON/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Spiller/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Zak Hussein/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures14 of 16
- Photo: Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
Singer Rod Stewart is setting sail on the route of the doomed Titanic to mark the 100th anniversary of the tragedy next year (2012).
The "Maggie May" hit-maker plans to embark on the special voyage next April (2012) as part of a memorial for the 1,500 lives lost when the ship struck an iceberg and sank in the middle of the Atlantic.
He explains, "I would very much like to be on these ships that are going to be doing the Titanic run. Amazing that next April, it's 100 years. I'm just in the middle of choosing which one I'd like to do.
"One ship is going from Southampton to New York and staying on the exact route going over where the Titanic went down and the other one is going from New York out to Halifax, where the ship sunk, and back again.
"Is it tempting fate? No, things have moved on since 1912. None of the icebergs come down that far south any more, and if they did, they'd blow them up."
But Stewart will be sailing solo because his wife Penny gets seasick.
He adds, "I can't get my wife to go because she suffers from seasickness on the Atlantic - she prefers a nice Caribbean cruise. So, I might just go on my own."
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
A pregnant Soleil Moon Frye sits down with Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner to talk about prepping for a baby boy and her busy career ...Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite