Singer Rod Stewart to sail Titanic course
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: MARTIN CLEAVER/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: FIONA HANSON/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Spiller/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Zak Hussein/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures14 of 16
- Photo: Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Rosemary's Baby' Miniseries Gets Greenlight From NBCMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:52:26 AM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 2:01:30 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- 'Rosemary's Baby' Miniseries Gets Greenlight From NBC
Singer Rod Stewart is setting sail on the route of the doomed Titanic to mark the 100th anniversary of the tragedy next year (2012).
The "Maggie May" hit-maker plans to embark on the special voyage next April (2012) as part of a memorial for the 1,500 lives lost when the ship struck an iceberg and sank in the middle of the Atlantic.
He explains, "I would very much like to be on these ships that are going to be doing the Titanic run. Amazing that next April, it's 100 years. I'm just in the middle of choosing which one I'd like to do.
"One ship is going from Southampton to New York and staying on the exact route going over where the Titanic went down and the other one is going from New York out to Halifax, where the ship sunk, and back again.
"Is it tempting fate? No, things have moved on since 1912. None of the icebergs come down that far south any more, and if they did, they'd blow them up."
But Stewart will be sailing solo because his wife Penny gets seasick.
He adds, "I can't get my wife to go because she suffers from seasickness on the Atlantic - she prefers a nice Caribbean cruise. So, I might just go on my own."
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
George's Big Day
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite