Singer Rod Stewart to sail Titanic course
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: MARTIN CLEAVER/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: FIONA HANSON/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Spiller/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Zak Hussein/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures14 of 16
- Photo: Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
Singer Rod Stewart is setting sail on the route of the doomed Titanic to mark the 100th anniversary of the tragedy next year (2012).
The "Maggie May" hit-maker plans to embark on the special voyage next April (2012) as part of a memorial for the 1,500 lives lost when the ship struck an iceberg and sank in the middle of the Atlantic.
He explains, "I would very much like to be on these ships that are going to be doing the Titanic run. Amazing that next April, it's 100 years. I'm just in the middle of choosing which one I'd like to do.
"One ship is going from Southampton to New York and staying on the exact route going over where the Titanic went down and the other one is going from New York out to Halifax, where the ship sunk, and back again.
"Is it tempting fate? No, things have moved on since 1912. None of the icebergs come down that far south any more, and if they did, they'd blow them up."
But Stewart will be sailing solo because his wife Penny gets seasick.
He adds, "I can't get my wife to go because she suffers from seasickness on the Atlantic - she prefers a nice Caribbean cruise. So, I might just go on my own."
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite