Tameka Foster Speaks Out on Son Kile's Death, Custody War With Usher
- Photo: WENN1 of 14
- Photo: PhamousFotos/Splash News2 of 14
- Photo: Peter/StarTraks3 of 14
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks4 of 14
- Photo: BAR/StarTraks5 of 14
- Photo: Ralph/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 14
- Photo: RAF/ZOJ/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 14
- Photo: KADENA/Bauer-Griffin10 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Most Wanted/Fame Flynet13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
Summer 2012 is probably a time that Tameka Foster would like to forget. Last month, her 11-year-old son Kile Glover passed away following a tragic lake accident that left him brain-dead.
Days after her son's July 27 funeral, Tameka was back in court with ex-husband Usher (present at the funeral for Kile, his former stepson) as she and the singer continued an ugly custody battle over their sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd, 3.
"I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the countless number of people who opened their hearts, extended their prayers, well-wishes and remained hopeful for my son Kile during the last weeks of his life," wrote Tameka in a personal statement on GlobalGrind, her first extensive comments since the tragedy. "I truly believe that he has always been an Angel from birth and the World was just too small to contain a spirit so vast. I'm thankful and blessed to merely be the vessel that carried him and humbled that God gave him to us to love. I also feel humbled by everyone's show of concern, and knowing that Kile Glover touched the lives of so many has given me strength during my worst and darkest hour … Again I THANK YOU ALL!"
While Tameka and Usher, 33, who was close to Kile, briefly called a truce in the weeks between Kile's tragic accident and death, they returned to court earlier this week.
"Sadly, I remain in the unfortunate position of having to respond to and attend court proceedings that were not initiated or begun by me. I did not file this custody case (January 2011) and was content with the 'joint custody' arrangement that we share. Most importantly, nor do I wish to appear in court while I am mourning the loss of my son," she continued.
"I have only been defending myself and protecting the best interests of my children through my counsel," Tameka wrote.
One TMZ report claimed Tameka called Usher "bogus" for supposedly pretending to mourn Kile's death.
"You must NOT believe everything you read or hear and never judge," she says.
Thanking her supporters for "positive energy and hope for my family during this surreal time," she adds, "There have been times when just the right words, at the right time, have provided me shelter through this storm."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
From Gwen Stefani to Britney Spears, check out some of the best all-time style moments from the Teen Choice Awards.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Kerry Washington and more stars who've married football stars.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJ.Law Green Light
From Crowd Ignite