Tameka Foster Speaks Out on Son Kile's Death, Custody War With Usher
- Photo: WENN1 of 14
- Photo: PhamousFotos/Splash News2 of 14
- Photo: Peter/StarTraks3 of 14
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks4 of 14
- Photo: BAR/StarTraks5 of 14
- Photo: Ralph/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 14
- Photo: RAF/ZOJ/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 14
- Photo: KADENA/Bauer-Griffin10 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Most Wanted/Fame Flynet13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' RenewedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- James Foley's Mother: 'We Have Never Been Prouder of Our Son'MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:59:00 AM
- German retailer opening US flagship in CincinnatiMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:35:21 AM
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast hostMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:23:29 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who Will
Summer 2012 is probably a time that Tameka Foster would like to forget. Last month, her 11-year-old son Kile Glover passed away following a tragic lake accident that left him brain-dead.
Days after her son's July 27 funeral, Tameka was back in court with ex-husband Usher (present at the funeral for Kile, his former stepson) as she and the singer continued an ugly custody battle over their sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd, 3.
"I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the countless number of people who opened their hearts, extended their prayers, well-wishes and remained hopeful for my son Kile during the last weeks of his life," wrote Tameka in a personal statement on GlobalGrind, her first extensive comments since the tragedy. "I truly believe that he has always been an Angel from birth and the World was just too small to contain a spirit so vast. I'm thankful and blessed to merely be the vessel that carried him and humbled that God gave him to us to love. I also feel humbled by everyone's show of concern, and knowing that Kile Glover touched the lives of so many has given me strength during my worst and darkest hour … Again I THANK YOU ALL!"
While Tameka and Usher, 33, who was close to Kile, briefly called a truce in the weeks between Kile's tragic accident and death, they returned to court earlier this week.
"Sadly, I remain in the unfortunate position of having to respond to and attend court proceedings that were not initiated or begun by me. I did not file this custody case (January 2011) and was content with the 'joint custody' arrangement that we share. Most importantly, nor do I wish to appear in court while I am mourning the loss of my son," she continued.
"I have only been defending myself and protecting the best interests of my children through my counsel," Tameka wrote.
One TMZ report claimed Tameka called Usher "bogus" for supposedly pretending to mourn Kile's death.
"You must NOT believe everything you read or hear and never judge," she says.
Thanking her supporters for "positive energy and hope for my family during this surreal time," she adds, "There have been times when just the right words, at the right time, have provided me shelter through this storm."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite