Tameka Raymond Still in Shock Over Tragic Loss of Son
- Photo: PhamousFotos/Splash News1 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage3 of 19
- Photo: KM/Fame Flynet4 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage/CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: Most Wanted/Fame Flynet6 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: Flynet UK/Fame Flynet9 of 19
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP10 of 19
- Photo: Copetti/Photofab/StarTraks11 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Peter/StarTraks13 of 19
- Photo: BAR/StarTraks14 of 19
- Photo: RAF/ZOJ/WENN15 of 19
- Photo: KB4/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: Peter/StarTraks17 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
In Nancy O'Dell's exclusive interview with Tameka Raymond, the ex-wife of superstar Usher discusses the public's perception of her as a gold digger and opens up about the recent, tragic loss of her son.
"I think I'm still in shock," Tameka says of the accident that took the life of her 11-year-old son Kyle, who was struck in the head by a personal watercraft, and of her bitter custody battle with Usher. "I think this will probably be the greatest pain I will ever experience, losing him. But it gave me strength beyond measure and it made me determined to fight for my other [children]."
When asked by Nancy why she is speaking out now, Tameka says she is responding to Usher's recent candid interview with Oprah Winfrey, saying, "You know I wouldn't even be speaking if ... you know, my ex hadn't spoke out first. I kind of just felt like it was time to clear a few things up. I have been very guarded and protected."
A former fashion stylist and now multiple business owner who worked with Jay-Z, Patti LaBelle, Lauryn Hill and Chris Brown before meeting Usher, Tameka also responds to accusations of being a gold digger, saying, "You know, I think this is the typical stereotype. If a woman who has lesser means -- even if she is successful and hard-working, does her thing in her own right -- marries someone, what they call 'marrying up,' who has more money, they're automatically a gold digger. … The woman is always the gold digger. … It's kind of an insult to the men because it implies they're not loveable."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite