Tammy's Breakup Ode to Melissa: I Was 'Sideswiped and Left Mangled'Related: Hot Gossip
- Photo: Fernando Allende/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/AP2 of 10
- Photo: CHRIS PIZZELLO/AP3 of 10
- Photo: MIKEL HEALEY/AP4 of 10
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/AP5 of 10
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 10
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:00 PM
- 6 Lessons Hollywood Needs to Learn From 'The Fast & The Furious'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- YouTube Network FullScreen Hires HBO Go Co-Creator Tim MohnMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- How an Extreme Movie Makeover Saved 'Fast & Furious' From Going Direct to MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:43:57 PM
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Dane DeHaan Faces an IMAX-Sized Riot (VideoMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 6:53:35 PM
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1
Remember when Melissa Etheridge told Oprah that her recent breakup with Tammy Lynn Michaels after nine years and two kids together was "as mutual as those things can be"? Looks like it wasn't as much of a joint decision as she let on.
In a poem posted on Tammy's Hollywood Farm Girl blog titled "No More Censorship for Me," she bares her soul in verse, claiming she was "sideswiped and left mangled" by the split. She also addresses several of the Grammy winner's statements without actually calling her out by name.
RELATED: Melissa talks to Oprah
"I did not go anywhere, honey. And you and I both know it. Please stop telling the press it was mutual," she wrote on Thursday in an emotional epic that's not so much laden with subtext as it is with, well, text. "Things can be a long time coming to one and smash the hell out of another. Hit and run, not even staying to clean up the mess."
Tammy, best known for her co-starring roles on "Popular" and "The L Word," also takes issue with Melissa's assessment that they parted ways because, as the singer told the Big O, "It is about growing, it is about growth. It's about evolving myself."
It seems she believes that Etheridge, whom she wed in a legally non-binding ceremony in 2003 (she gave birth to twins three years later), put the demands of her career above those of her family.
"Disappearances into the hourglass-shaped wood with strings, never to finish a fight, never interested in clarifying, making sense, making it right, even finishing the fight, more interested in making something rhyme, time after time after time," she finger-points. "And later angsting that you and me, WE, it didn't work out, you evolved, you needed to be happy -- but really ... you withdrew your hands from family and intimacy to pluck those strings more."
Rails Tammy, "I'd rather hear 10,000 fans screaming my name in worship than hear my wife harp on me about my family intimacy issues, too, you know?"
RELATED: Read more about Melissa
Then there's Etheridge's latest album, "Fearless Love," which Tammy says she knew was a sign their relationship was over.
"I even told you it was a breakup album and you laughed at me, you laughed and laughed," she recalls. "I heard 'Fearless' and I got sick. 'That's your breakup song with me,' I said to you. You got so angry with me, remember? And stomped off."
Tammy's share-time came after Melissa supposedly told a reporter that she wouldn't "censor" her ex on her blog.
"I thought I was to say nothing," snipes Michaels. "My bad."
But despite the hurt feelings that have bubbled to the surface, Tammy ends with a bittersweet adieu to her former flame.
"I still love that damn woman so much. I'm still trying to stop," she sighs. "I had a dream last where honey and I were fighting and going to get a divorce, and I woke up sobbing ... then I realized. Oh, it's true. And then what do you do? When the horrible feeling in the dream gets to stay even after you wake up?"
Concludes Tammy, "There. There is my truth as of today."
Read more Hot Gossip
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite