Taylor and Jake: Apple of Each Other's Eyes or Not Really Into It?Related: Hot Gossip, Jake Gyllenhaal, Taylor Swift
- Photo: WENN/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Tuukka Jantti/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 7
- Photo: Patricia Schlein/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Fame Pictures5 of 7
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
From the sounds of it, Jake Gyllenhaal is wooing Taylor Swift from within a Disney-designed, bluebird-of-happiness-filled fairytale, possibly while chaperoned by Snow White and a unicorn or two. Us Weekly reports the budding twosome's G-rated together-time in New York last weekend included a wholesome apple-picking adventure outside the city.
"They were walking through the trees, having fun together," relays an eyewitness. "They looked happy."
And when some starstruck fellow fans of fruit and fall foliage attempted to take their picture, Taylor, 20, and Jake, 29, dodged the cameras in a scene that needed only a romantic power ballad accompanying it.
"They were hiding from them in the trees," adds the onlooker, who may or may not have been humming the soothing strains of Chicago's "You're the Inspiration" while watching the PR-perfect couple frolic in nature. "They drove through the orchard and bought the apples on the way out."
Right now, however, a $3 bushel of apples appears to be the biggest commitment they're willing to make.
"The relationship is very new, maybe two or three weeks old," says an insider. "I'm not sure who pursued whom, but they're both into it."
Or are they?
A source tells People magazine that Taylor is too busy supporting her monster hit of a confessional new album, "Speak Now," to deal with a romantic entanglement.
"Taylor is very serious about her career," explains the confidant. "For her, it's all about the career right now. She's not really interested in getting heavily involved with anyone."
And while Swifty and Jakey enjoyed their weekend strolls around Brooklyn and their backstage coyness at "Saturday Night Live," "I don't think there's anything to it," opines a Gyllenhaal snitch. "Everyone's talking about it. They hung out. But that's it. I don't think they're a couple."
The Taylor spy is equally cautious about their prospects for twoo luv: "If she does have a serious relationship, it's probably going to be with someone who's not in the industry or someone who's not a household name. With Jake, she probably figures, why not be seen together and keep everyone guessing."
Not everyone is such a romantic downer. Hollywood Life believes that Swiftyhaal are a "perfect match."
"[Taylor] has a thing for older men," says a source. "She's young and wants what every girl wants her age -- to get married … [Taylor and Jake] just met and are spending time together, but Jake seems to want to settle down. He's ready for marriage and he wants kids."
Still, the mole is convinced that Gyllenhaal, whose two-plus-year relationship with Reese Witherspoon reportedly ended because she was unwilling to make things legal, is far better for Swift than, say, her rumored ex, John Mayer.
RELATED VIDEO: Is Taylor dissing Mayer in 'Dear John'?
"The other men in Taylor's life were bachelors, not looking for the family life," continues the insider. "We are all rooting for her. It would be nice for her to find someone. She works so hard, but she needs a social life, too."
What do you think? Are you warming to the idea of a Taylor-Jake love connection? Tell us in the comments.
Read more Hot Gossip
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite