Taylor Swift flips Hyannis Port house near Kennedys for almost $1 million profit
- Photo: ANDY JAXN STFN/GSI1 of 11
- Photo: DCJ/RBF/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: @taylorswift/Instagram4 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Beiny/Slater//WENN8 of 11
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall9 of 11
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Second thoughts? Taylor Swift may not buy houses next door to every boy she dates, but she did purchase one near Conor Kennedy. But soon after their breakup, the country singer decided to sell the property -- and made a nice little profit!
In the April issue of Vanity Fair, Swift, 22, was asked about reports that she bought a Hyannis Port, Mass., home near the Kennedy compound. "People say that about me, that I apparently buy houses near every boy I like -- that's a thing that I apparently do," said the country singer, who's had relationships with Jake Gyllenhaal, John Mayer, Taylor Lautner and more A-list stars. "If I like you I will apparently buy up the real estate market just to freak you out so you leave me."
But the magazine, citing a source, reported that Swift did, in fact, buy the property (via her management company) last August for $4.8 million. E! News confirmed the sale with realtor Bob Kinlin, who noted that the Grammy winner then "flipped" the house two weeks ago.
According to Kinlin, the seven-bedroom home sold for $5,675,000 to a couple previously interested in the property. Swift made a nearly $1 million profit after her team made a few renovations.
"It was like a house-flip," a source told Vanity Fair. "A good short-term investment."
The "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" singer, however, told Vanity Fair she doesn't have to address rumors because the truth will eventually come out. She said, "One of these things I say to myself to calm myself down when I feel like it's all too much. ... If there's a pregnancy rumor, people will find out it's not true when you wind up not being pregnant, like nine months from now, and if there's a house rumor, they'll find out it's not true when you are actively not ever spotted at that house."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite