Taylor Swift, Harry Styles Avoid Each Other at NRJ AwardsRelated: Taylor Swift, Harry Styles
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: ANDY JAXN STFN/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/Wonderwall4 of 16
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: freddy_negrete/Instagram6 of 16
- Photo: Magda/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: Paul Jeffers/AP8 of 16
- Photo: William Haber/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: @taylorswift/Instagram12 of 16
- Photo: AP/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Cannes Deals: Sundance Selects Buys Dardenne Brothers' 'Two Days, One Night&apMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 12:58:51 PM
- Asghar Farhadi's Cannes Drama 'The Past' Has a Future at Sony ClassicsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 12:42:11 PM
- 'Fill the Void' Fills the Romantic Void in the Dizzying 'Great Gatsby&MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 12:32:38 PM
- Independent Box Office: 'Place Beyond the Pines' Passes $20MMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 12:24:16 PM
- Cannes Review: 'Borgman' Makes No Sense - in a Good WayMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 12:23:29 PM
- Cannes Deals: Sundance Selects Buys Dardenne Brothers' 'Two Days, One Night&ap
Timing really is everything for Taylor Swift and Harry Styles' now-defunct relationship. The former lovebirds were both in Cannes, France, on Saturday, Jan. 26, to attend the NRJ Awards, but the exes managed to time their appearances just right to avoid any potentially awkward run-ins.
Styles, 18, hit the red carpet with his group One Direction and Korean pop sensation Psy first, and Swift, 23, arrived 25 minutes later, sources tell Us Weekly.
"It was very carefully timed so they didn't do the carpet at the same time," an insider tells Us. "Taylor didn't do any backstage interviews and didn't use a dressing room -- she changed at the hotel because she didn't want to see Harry at any point. ...Things were timed to keep them apart and for it to not become a big media circus."
Swift dazzled in a short gold-and-white Elie Saab number with a plunging neckline on the red carpet and later changed into a tiny black lace dress with knee-high boots for her performance of her hit, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
PHOTOS: Taylor's romantic history
The song, which was reportedly written about one of Swift's other exes, Jake Gyllenhaal, held extra meaning for the country crooner, who reportedly looked directly at Styles -- who was several feet away in the audience -- as she sang her breakup anthem.
"She was talking in French on the microphone saying, 'So he calls me up and he's like 'je t'aime, je 't'aime toujours … je ne sais pas [I love you, I still love you, I don't know]. No! We are never ever getting back together, like ever!'" an eyewitness told Us of her passionate performance.
PHOTOS: Taylor's best surprised faces!
Swift and Styles famously split earlier this month after reportedly having a huge argument during their holiday getaway to the British Virgin Islands.
"They had a fight," one insider told Us at the time. The British singer had "said something he shouldn't have … This [breakup] is definitely going to be for good."
PHOTOS: Taylor's sparkly style
In a cryptic tweet on Jan. 10, Swift hinted at a new song that she's penning about their public split.
"Back in the studio," she wrote at the time. "Uh oh..."
Styles has not directly addressed the breakup, and in a tweet late Saturday evening, thanked fans for their support as he and his band won Best International Group.
"Thank you so much to @NRJhitmusiconly and our fans for the award!! See you later .xx," he tweeted.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite