Taylor Swift, Harry Styles Avoid Each Other at NRJ Awards
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: ANDY JAXN STFN/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/Wonderwall4 of 16
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: freddy_negrete/Instagram6 of 16
- Photo: Magda/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: Paul Jeffers/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: William Haber/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: @taylorswift/Instagram12 of 16
- Photo: AP/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Lawyer Claims the 'X-Men' Director Was Not in Hawaii DurinMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 11:03:00 AM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After Hospitalization
Timing really is everything for Taylor Swift and Harry Styles' now-defunct relationship. The former lovebirds were both in Cannes, France, on Saturday, Jan. 26, to attend the NRJ Awards, but the exes managed to time their appearances just right to avoid any potentially awkward run-ins.
Styles, 18, hit the red carpet with his group One Direction and Korean pop sensation Psy first, and Swift, 23, arrived 25 minutes later, sources tell Us Weekly.
"It was very carefully timed so they didn't do the carpet at the same time," an insider tells Us. "Taylor didn't do any backstage interviews and didn't use a dressing room -- she changed at the hotel because she didn't want to see Harry at any point. ...Things were timed to keep them apart and for it to not become a big media circus."
Swift dazzled in a short gold-and-white Elie Saab number with a plunging neckline on the red carpet and later changed into a tiny black lace dress with knee-high boots for her performance of her hit, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
PHOTOS: Taylor's romantic history
The song, which was reportedly written about one of Swift's other exes, Jake Gyllenhaal, held extra meaning for the country crooner, who reportedly looked directly at Styles -- who was several feet away in the audience -- as she sang her breakup anthem.
"She was talking in French on the microphone saying, 'So he calls me up and he's like 'je t'aime, je 't'aime toujours … je ne sais pas [I love you, I still love you, I don't know]. No! We are never ever getting back together, like ever!'" an eyewitness told Us of her passionate performance.
PHOTOS: Taylor's best surprised faces!
Swift and Styles famously split earlier this month after reportedly having a huge argument during their holiday getaway to the British Virgin Islands.
"They had a fight," one insider told Us at the time. The British singer had "said something he shouldn't have … This [breakup] is definitely going to be for good."
PHOTOS: Taylor's sparkly style
In a cryptic tweet on Jan. 10, Swift hinted at a new song that she's penning about their public split.
"Back in the studio," she wrote at the time. "Uh oh..."
Styles has not directly addressed the breakup, and in a tweet late Saturday evening, thanked fans for their support as he and his band won Best International Group.
"Thank you so much to @NRJhitmusiconly and our fans for the award!! See you later .xx," he tweeted.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite