Taylor Swift Hints Jake Gyllenhaal spoke to her about 'Red' songs based on him
- Photo: New York Mag1 of 13
- Photo: USMagazine2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Optic Photos/Pacific Coast News10 of 13
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Jake Gyllenhaal, the mensch? Taylor Swift covers this week's issue of New York magazine, and in the extensive story, entitled "Why Taylor Swift Is the Biggest Pop Star in the World," the 23-year-old wunderkind opens up about her platinum-selling penchant for parlaying her love life into smash records. And, although the "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer continues not to name names, she reveals to the magazine that she's "heard from the guy that most of 'Red' is about."
That guy, by all accounts, is 32-year-old Gyllenhaal, who famously romanced the country-pop sensation for about two intense months almost exactly three years ago, only to break her heart when 2011 arrived. But the "Source Code" hunk believed to have inspired the anthem "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and other "Red" hits wasn't angry about the breakup songs, Swift says.
"He was like, 'I just listened to the album, and that was a really bittersweet experience for me. It was like going through a photo album.' That was nice," an impressed Swift recalls. "Nicer than, like, the ranting, crazy e-mails I got from this one dude."
Continues the star, whose other exes include Connor Kennedy, Harry Styles, Joe Jonas, John Mayer and others: "It's a lot more mature way of looking at a love that was wonderful until it was terrible, and both people got hurt from it — but one of those people happened to be a songwriter. So what are you going to do? Did you not Wikipedia me before you called me up [for a date]?"
Sounding more healthily self-aware than ever, Swift defends her musical impulse to wear her heart on her sleeve speaking with New York. "I think that allowing yourself to feel raw, real emotions in public is something I am never going to be afraid to do. Hopefully that's the case, if I can remain a real human," she says.
"I'm fine with being honest with my fans about the fact that it’s OK that everything isn't OK all the time," Swift reasons. "I love my life, I love my career, I love my friends — but things are not OK all the time. So I don't sing about things being OK all the time."
The Grammy winner does clear up one misconception, though: Not every single man she dates becomes song fodder. "If I go on two dates with a guy and we don't click, I'm not writing a song about that," says Swift, who explains she only writes "songs about crazy love."
In fact, her life -- especially the boring parts -- isn't as much of an open book as fans would assume. "There's a lot that goes on in daily life that isn’t really worth turning into a verse and a chorus."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite