Taylor Swift Opens Up About Jake Gyllenhaal, John Mayer
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Patricia Schlein/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures5 of 7
- Photo: Daigoron/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:52:52 AM
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in videoMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:49:12 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This December
USMagazine, October 29, 2010
Related: News, Taylor Swift
Are they or aren't they?
On Friday's Ellen DeGeneres Show, Taylor Swift deftly fielded questions about Jake Gyllenhaal, with whom she spent some quality time in the New York area last weekend.
When host Ellen DeGeneres asked the singer, 20, how she feels "about love right now," Swift replied, "I'm always optimistic about love ... always, sometimes."
"But right now you are [optimistic]?" DeGeneres asked.
"Well, why wouldn't anyone be?" Swift answered.
"Especially if your boyfriend is Jake Gyllenhaal, because he is very handsome," DeGeneres teased. "Y'all are just hanging out though right?"
"You have a picture of us on the screen, don't you?" Swift retorted.
Swift and Gyllenhaal-- who is nearly a decade older at 29 -- were spotted Saturday touring the fall foliage and apple picking in Hopewell Junction, N.Y. "They looked happy," a witness said. The duo later attended an "SNL" taping, and Sunday brunch in Brooklyn's Park Slope neighborhood.
During her "Ellen" appearance, Swift also talked about "Dear John," an angry ballad from her new album "Speak Now," that seems to be about rumored fling with John Mayer.
Swift told DeGeneres the track "could be" a "Dear John" about Mayer. "That song kind of is what it is," she quipped.
"OK, great," DeGeneres chirped. "We know the answer now. It's about him [John Mayer]. You didn't dispute it, so obviously ..."
More on Wonderwall:
More on USMagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite