Taylor Swift Opens Up About Jake Gyllenhaal, John Mayer
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Patricia Schlein/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures5 of 7
- Photo: Daigoron/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
USMagazine, October 29, 2010
Related: News, Taylor Swift
Are they or aren't they?
On Friday's Ellen DeGeneres Show, Taylor Swift deftly fielded questions about Jake Gyllenhaal, with whom she spent some quality time in the New York area last weekend.
When host Ellen DeGeneres asked the singer, 20, how she feels "about love right now," Swift replied, "I'm always optimistic about love ... always, sometimes."
"But right now you are [optimistic]?" DeGeneres asked.
"Well, why wouldn't anyone be?" Swift answered.
"Especially if your boyfriend is Jake Gyllenhaal, because he is very handsome," DeGeneres teased. "Y'all are just hanging out though right?"
"You have a picture of us on the screen, don't you?" Swift retorted.
Swift and Gyllenhaal-- who is nearly a decade older at 29 -- were spotted Saturday touring the fall foliage and apple picking in Hopewell Junction, N.Y. "They looked happy," a witness said. The duo later attended an "SNL" taping, and Sunday brunch in Brooklyn's Park Slope neighborhood.
During her "Ellen" appearance, Swift also talked about "Dear John," an angry ballad from her new album "Speak Now," that seems to be about rumored fling with John Mayer.
Swift told DeGeneres the track "could be" a "Dear John" about Mayer. "That song kind of is what it is," she quipped.
"OK, great," DeGeneres chirped. "We know the answer now. It's about him [John Mayer]. You didn't dispute it, so obviously ..."
More on Wonderwall:
More on USMagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite