Taylor Swift Wrote 'All Too Well' About Ex Jake Gyllenhaal
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet3 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Marc Larkin/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: MJT/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Dave Hogan/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA15 of 16
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Taylor Swift's secret's out!
Calling Red her most "adventurous album yet," Swift told Good Morning America the writing process for "All Too Well" was a tedious one. "'All Too Well' was the hardest to write because it took me a long time to filter through everything I wanted to say," she admitted. "It started out being a 10-minute song, which you can't put on an album. I had to filter it down to a story that could work in the form of a song."
In the track, Swift reflects on her 2010 Thanksgiving outing with Gyllenhaal, 31, opening about spending the holiday at his sister Maggie Gyllenhaal's home in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Swift even sings about a mysterious black and white striped scarf both she and Gyllenhaall wore during their courtship. "Left my scarf there at your sister's house / And you still got it in your drawer," Swift's lyrics read. While the ode is indeed about Gyllenhaal, a scarf thief he may not be. Consider: The knit in question could, in fact, be his! Both were snapped wearing the wrap, but he stepped out in it first on Nov. 11 and 15, long before Swift donned it for their Thanksgiving stroll in Brooklyn.
Writing songs about her failed romances has become a preferred pastime for Swift, who was dumped by Gyllenhaal around Christmas in 2010 -- via a phone call. "It's safe for her and it's something she loves," explains a source of Swift penning the tracks. "She goes back to it because it's something she's good at -- and she's not good at love."
That's not to say Swift isn't still on the hunt for The One. Splitting from Conor Kennedy in October, the country queen is now "officially hanging out" with One Direction's Harry Styles, whom she recently bonded with at an X Factor taping. "Love is not a reality for her yet, but she knows it will happen," says the Swift source.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite