Taylor Swift Wrote 'All Too Well' About Ex Jake Gyllenhaal
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet3 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Marc Larkin/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: MJT/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Dave Hogan/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse AllegationsMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:27:00 PM
- Amanda Seyfried Joins Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund in Joe Wright's 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse Allegations
Taylor Swift's secret's out!
Calling Red her most "adventurous album yet," Swift told Good Morning America the writing process for "All Too Well" was a tedious one. "'All Too Well' was the hardest to write because it took me a long time to filter through everything I wanted to say," she admitted. "It started out being a 10-minute song, which you can't put on an album. I had to filter it down to a story that could work in the form of a song."
In the track, Swift reflects on her 2010 Thanksgiving outing with Gyllenhaal, 31, opening about spending the holiday at his sister Maggie Gyllenhaal's home in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Swift even sings about a mysterious black and white striped scarf both she and Gyllenhaall wore during their courtship. "Left my scarf there at your sister's house / And you still got it in your drawer," Swift's lyrics read. While the ode is indeed about Gyllenhaal, a scarf thief he may not be. Consider: The knit in question could, in fact, be his! Both were snapped wearing the wrap, but he stepped out in it first on Nov. 11 and 15, long before Swift donned it for their Thanksgiving stroll in Brooklyn.
Writing songs about her failed romances has become a preferred pastime for Swift, who was dumped by Gyllenhaal around Christmas in 2010 -- via a phone call. "It's safe for her and it's something she loves," explains a source of Swift penning the tracks. "She goes back to it because it's something she's good at -- and she's not good at love."
That's not to say Swift isn't still on the hunt for The One. Splitting from Conor Kennedy in October, the country queen is now "officially hanging out" with One Direction's Harry Styles, whom she recently bonded with at an X Factor taping. "Love is not a reality for her yet, but she knows it will happen," says the Swift source.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite