Taylor Swift Wrote 'All Too Well' About Ex Jake Gyllenhaal
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet3 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Marc Larkin/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: MJT/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Dave Hogan/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
Taylor Swift's secret's out!
Calling Red her most "adventurous album yet," Swift told Good Morning America the writing process for "All Too Well" was a tedious one. "'All Too Well' was the hardest to write because it took me a long time to filter through everything I wanted to say," she admitted. "It started out being a 10-minute song, which you can't put on an album. I had to filter it down to a story that could work in the form of a song."
In the track, Swift reflects on her 2010 Thanksgiving outing with Gyllenhaal, 31, opening about spending the holiday at his sister Maggie Gyllenhaal's home in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Swift even sings about a mysterious black and white striped scarf both she and Gyllenhaall wore during their courtship. "Left my scarf there at your sister's house / And you still got it in your drawer," Swift's lyrics read. While the ode is indeed about Gyllenhaal, a scarf thief he may not be. Consider: The knit in question could, in fact, be his! Both were snapped wearing the wrap, but he stepped out in it first on Nov. 11 and 15, long before Swift donned it for their Thanksgiving stroll in Brooklyn.
Writing songs about her failed romances has become a preferred pastime for Swift, who was dumped by Gyllenhaal around Christmas in 2010 -- via a phone call. "It's safe for her and it's something she loves," explains a source of Swift penning the tracks. "She goes back to it because it's something she's good at -- and she's not good at love."
That's not to say Swift isn't still on the hunt for The One. Splitting from Conor Kennedy in October, the country queen is now "officially hanging out" with One Direction's Harry Styles, whom she recently bonded with at an X Factor taping. "Love is not a reality for her yet, but she knows it will happen," says the Swift source.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite