Ted Nugent considering presidential run
- Photo: AL GOLDIS/Invision/AP1 of 3
- Photo: Gene J. Puskar/Invision/AP2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are LeakedMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Why Is Hope Solo Allowed to Play Soccer Despite Domestic Abuse Charges?MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are Leaked
Outspoken rocker Ted Nugent is weighing his political options and considering a run for the White House.
The conservative Republican has earned a name for himself in the political arena as an advocate for hunting and gun ownership rights, and now he is considering a presidential bid in 2016.
He tells the Washington Post, "Yeah, I'm thinking about it. ... Things are just so wrong in the country now. And I know that my answers would make things wonderful."
The guitarist has teased the public about the possibility of running for office before, but his wife, Shemane Deziel, insists this time her husband is for real, explaining, "He's talked about it before. But this time he seems more serious. People are constantly asking him to run."
And former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee has already thrown his support behind the 64-year-old musician, even offering to help launch Nugent's electoral campaign.
He adds, "Ted says things in public that I wouldn't even say in private, but what people look for more than anything is authenticity. I'm probably as strait-laced a Republican as there is, but I'd rather be around Ted Nugent, who has an absolute honesty about him, than a so-called values guy who is secretly bedding down half his staff. ... If he runs, I'll go help him."
Nugent has been a very vocal opponent of current U.S. leader Barack Obama and his government -- in the run-up to the last presidential election in 2012, he hit the stage at a National Rifle Association convention and told the crowd, "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."
He also got into trouble by encouraging Republican voters to "chop Democrats" heads off in November. His remarks led to a Secret Service investigation and cost him a gig at Fort Knox alongside REO Speedwagon and Styx.
Get out the vote
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite