Ted Nugent considering presidential run
- Photo: AL GOLDIS/Invision/AP1 of 3
- Photo: Gene J. Puskar/Invision/AP2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Katie Couric Apologizes for HPV Segment Criticized as 'Anti-Vaccine'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 9:16:17 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Season 4 Soars Over Last Season DebutMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:38:52 AM
- George Clooney Voices Support of Ukrainian Protestors, Boxing Champs Via Cell Phone (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:38:44 AM
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:33:14 AM
- Simon Cowell Tells Jay Leno: Spice Girls Were My Biggest Career Regret (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:13:23 AM
- Katie Couric Apologizes for HPV Segment Criticized as 'Anti-Vaccine'
Outspoken rocker Ted Nugent is weighing his political options and considering a run for the White House.
The conservative Republican has earned a name for himself in the political arena as an advocate for hunting and gun ownership rights, and now he is considering a presidential bid in 2016.
He tells the Washington Post, "Yeah, I'm thinking about it. ... Things are just so wrong in the country now. And I know that my answers would make things wonderful."
The guitarist has teased the public about the possibility of running for office before, but his wife, Shemane Deziel, insists this time her husband is for real, explaining, "He's talked about it before. But this time he seems more serious. People are constantly asking him to run."
And former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee has already thrown his support behind the 64-year-old musician, even offering to help launch Nugent's electoral campaign.
He adds, "Ted says things in public that I wouldn't even say in private, but what people look for more than anything is authenticity. I'm probably as strait-laced a Republican as there is, but I'd rather be around Ted Nugent, who has an absolute honesty about him, than a so-called values guy who is secretly bedding down half his staff. ... If he runs, I'll go help him."
Nugent has been a very vocal opponent of current U.S. leader Barack Obama and his government -- in the run-up to the last presidential election in 2012, he hit the stage at a National Rifle Association convention and told the crowd, "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."
He also got into trouble by encouraging Republican voters to "chop Democrats" heads off in November. His remarks led to a Secret Service investigation and cost him a gig at Fort Knox alongside REO Speedwagon and Styx.
Get out the vote
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite