The Shortlist for March 6Related: The Shortlist, Jessica Simpson, Kristin Cavallari, Sean Penn, Taylor Swift, Tom Cruise, Lindsay Lohan
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 9
Tom Cruise's Lawsuit Against Tabs Will Not Go To Public Court
In October, Tom Cruise sued In Touch and Life & Style magazines for running stories that alleged he'd abandoned his daughter, Suri, following his divorce from her mother, Katie Holmes. The tabloids' publisher, Bauer, maintained that their allegations were based in fact. It was widely suspected that a trial would divulge new details about how Cruise's involvement with Scientology may have been detrimental to his 6-year-old daughter. But the case is now headed for private mediation, according to the Huffington Post.
"Tom is a caring father who dearly loves Suri," said Cruise's lawyer, Bert Fields, when the lawsuit was announced. "She's a vital part of his life and always will be. To say it in lurid headlines with a tearful picture of Suri is reprehensible."
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite