T.I. on action movies: 'I don't think I'd be too convincing holding a gun'
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.1 of 6
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy for Axe/Getty Images North America2 of 6
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy for Axe/Getty Images North America5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
By Rebecca Silverstein
Even time behind bars can't keep T.I. down! The rapper/actor, who was in prison for gun charges, made his triumphant return to the stage this week as the debut artist in AXE Music's "One Night Only" concert series. And that's just the start of Tip's return to the spotlight: His new movie, "Takers," hits theaters Aug. 27, and he also has a new album, "King Uncaged," waiting in the wings. Wonderwall caught up with T.I. backstage at "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and chatted about everything from mentoring troubled celebs like Lindsay Lohan to judging "American Idol."
Your secret show for the AXE Music "One Night Only" concert series was the first time you performed since prison. Were you nervous to take the stage?
T.I.: You're only nervous when you're not prepared. I could do that in my sleep, so I wasn't nervous, I was anxious. It came in the form of adrenaline.
You've really flourished post-prison. Would you ever mentor another celeb, like Lindsay Lohan, to help them get back on his or her feet?
T.I.: To be honest, if they came in, asked me for my help and I had experience in whatever area they asked me for my help in, I don't think there's nobody that could ask me sincerely to help them and I won't help. But I ain't gonna volunteer my services and information. If they want to pick my brain, I'm always here.
RELATED: Flip through the best celeb mugshots
Your new movie "Takers" comes out soon, and a recent MovieTickets.com survey named you one of the top rappers-turned-actors. What other rappers-turned-actors do you love?
You actually beat out Tupac and Cube.
T.I.: Word? Outstanding! I mean, no offense Cube, I love you. I just appreciate even being considered to be among the elite in anything.
Would you ever want to make an action movie with Will?
T.I.: Absolutely! I would love to. I don't think I'd be too convincing holding a gun though.
RELATED VIDEO: See why Will is one of the top 10 stars of the decade
A lot of musicians have been considered to be a judge on "American Idol." Would you ever do it?
T.I.: Speaking honestly and truthfully, I support whatever decisions made by those who feel like that's the best move for them to make. It ain't really for me to say. I don't have a lot of information about "American Idol." I'm not a huge fan, but if they're driven to do it, I think they deserve the opportunity -- they deserve a shot.
Would you allow contestants on the show to sing your songs?
T.I.: As long as I'm not there in person, because then you're being embarrassed for somebody; [it] makes you put your head down. As long as I'm not there in person, I don't have a problem with it.
The VMAs are coming up. Got any plans? Maybe you could jump on stage and grab the mic …
T.I.: No! You know, I'm never gonna speak bad [about Kanye West], but you know, I ain't gonna get out there like that. Me myself personally. If I'm not invited, I'm not coming.
RELATED: Get a recap of last year's VMAs
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite