Tina Turner on marriage to Erwin Bach: 'It's a wonderful place to be'
- Photo: Frank Rollitz/Rex USA1 of 10
- Photo: Dave Lewis/Rex USA2 of 10
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/Rex USA3 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 10
- Photo: KPA/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: JD/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Giuseppe Aresu/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Lennox McLendon/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
What's love got to do with it? Everything! After 27 years together, Tina Turner and music producer Erwin Bach tied the knot in a private ceremony in Switzerland, and now, Turner says, life is perfect.
Speaking with Hello! magazine about her recent nuptials, the 73-year-old "Proud Mary" singer gushes that she has finally found nirvana. "It's that happiness that people talk about, when you wish for nothing, when you can finally take a deep breath and say, 'Everything is good,'" she says. "It's a wonderful place to be."
As was her wedding, it seems. Per Hello!, Turner and her longtime love were married in a lavish ceremony at their home on the banks of Lake Zurich, with celebrity guests including Oprah Winfrey and Bryan Adams. The women in attendance were reportedly asked to wear white, while the men donned black tie.
Turner, meanwhile, broke from tradition and rocked a stunning black silk tulle and lime-green taffeta gown with Swarovski crystal embellishment. She first spotted the Giorgio Armani frock at a runway show in Beijing, she revealed to Hello!, and she knew immediately she wanted to get it and save it for a special occasion.
"I thought, 'I gotta have that, even if I never wear it,'" the superstar shares. "Then I thought, 'I know, that will be my wedding dress.'"
This is the second marriage for Turner, who was previously wed to musician Ike Turner from 1962 to 1976. Ike, who died from a cocaine overdose in 2007, often physically abused his wife; she documented their turbulent union in the memoir "I, Tina." (The couple's romance was also the inspiration for the 1993 biopic "What's Love Got to Do With It," starring Angela Bassett and Laurence Fishburne.)
Turner, an eight-time Grammy winner, became a Swiss citizen earlier this year. She has two kids: 55-year-old Craig, with musician Raymond Hill, and 52-year-old Ronald, with Ike.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite