TLC's Left Eye Remembered by T-Boz, Chilli on 10th Anniversary of Her Death
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: RON FREHM/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Arnold Turner/Promotional5 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: CNN/.8 of 11
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
It's been exactly 10 years since Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was killed in a car crash while filming a documentary in La Ceiba, Honduras, at the age of 30.
As one-third of TLC, the second-best-selling female group of all time, Lopes' death still weighs heavily on remaining band members Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins and Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas, both 41.
"The word anniversary means a celebration," Watkins says in a statement. "For us her death will never be a celebration -- it's still something that hurts."
Thomas adds, "Lisa is our sister. You never get over losing a family member. We love her and we miss her and that isn't ever going to change." Watkins and Thomas are currently producing a new biopic for VH1. "This project is truly a dream come true for us," Thomas explains.
The final 26 days of Lopes' life were chronicled in a documentary titled "The Last Days of Left Eye," which premiered at the Atlanta Film Festival in April 2007. In it, she spoke of her interests in numerology and yoga, as well as plans to build an educational center for Honduran children. The documentary also included the fatal car crash.
Lopes' funeral was held at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Georgia, and she was buried at Hillandale Memorial Gardens. Prior to her death, Lopes was in an on-and-off relationship with NFL player Andre Rison.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite