TLC's Left Eye Remembered by T-Boz, Chilli on 10th Anniversary of Her Death
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: RON FREHM/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Arnold Turner/Promotional5 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: CNN/.8 of 11
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
It's been exactly 10 years since Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was killed in a car crash while filming a documentary in La Ceiba, Honduras, at the age of 30.
As one-third of TLC, the second-best-selling female group of all time, Lopes' death still weighs heavily on remaining band members Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins and Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas, both 41.
"The word anniversary means a celebration," Watkins says in a statement. "For us her death will never be a celebration -- it's still something that hurts."
Thomas adds, "Lisa is our sister. You never get over losing a family member. We love her and we miss her and that isn't ever going to change." Watkins and Thomas are currently producing a new biopic for VH1. "This project is truly a dream come true for us," Thomas explains.
The final 26 days of Lopes' life were chronicled in a documentary titled "The Last Days of Left Eye," which premiered at the Atlanta Film Festival in April 2007. In it, she spoke of her interests in numerology and yoga, as well as plans to build an educational center for Honduran children. The documentary also included the fatal car crash.
Lopes' funeral was held at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Georgia, and she was buried at Hillandale Memorial Gardens. Prior to her death, Lopes was in an on-and-off relationship with NFL player Andre Rison.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where Are They?
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite