TLC's Left Eye Remembered by T-Boz, Chilli on 10th Anniversary of Her Death
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: RON FREHM/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Arnold Turner/Promotional5 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: CNN/.8 of 11
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
It's been exactly 10 years since Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was killed in a car crash while filming a documentary in La Ceiba, Honduras, at the age of 30.
As one-third of TLC, the second-best-selling female group of all time, Lopes' death still weighs heavily on remaining band members Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins and Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas, both 41.
"The word anniversary means a celebration," Watkins says in a statement. "For us her death will never be a celebration -- it's still something that hurts."
Thomas adds, "Lisa is our sister. You never get over losing a family member. We love her and we miss her and that isn't ever going to change." Watkins and Thomas are currently producing a new biopic for VH1. "This project is truly a dream come true for us," Thomas explains.
The final 26 days of Lopes' life were chronicled in a documentary titled "The Last Days of Left Eye," which premiered at the Atlanta Film Festival in April 2007. In it, she spoke of her interests in numerology and yoga, as well as plans to build an educational center for Honduran children. The documentary also included the fatal car crash.
Lopes' funeral was held at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Georgia, and she was buried at Hillandale Memorial Gardens. Prior to her death, Lopes was in an on-and-off relationship with NFL player Andre Rison.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite