TLC's Left Eye Remembered by T-Boz, Chilli on 10th Anniversary of Her Death
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: RON FREHM/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Arnold Turner/Promotional5 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: CNN/.8 of 11
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'iZombie' Co-Creator Rob Thomas Explains Why He Pulled Pilot Screening From Comic-MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 1:19:00 PM
- ICM Partners Snags Steve Alexander From ResolutionMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Sam Raimi announces planned 'The Last of Us' filmMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:13:14 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Teams With Spritz Reading App to Make EveryonMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' First Reveal at Comic-Con: Philip Seymour Hoffman IntroMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:14:00 AM
- 'iZombie' Co-Creator Rob Thomas Explains Why He Pulled Pilot Screening From Comic-
It's been exactly 10 years since Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was killed in a car crash while filming a documentary in La Ceiba, Honduras, at the age of 30.
As one-third of TLC, the second-best-selling female group of all time, Lopes' death still weighs heavily on remaining band members Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins and Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas, both 41.
"The word anniversary means a celebration," Watkins says in a statement. "For us her death will never be a celebration -- it's still something that hurts."
Thomas adds, "Lisa is our sister. You never get over losing a family member. We love her and we miss her and that isn't ever going to change." Watkins and Thomas are currently producing a new biopic for VH1. "This project is truly a dream come true for us," Thomas explains.
The final 26 days of Lopes' life were chronicled in a documentary titled "The Last Days of Left Eye," which premiered at the Atlanta Film Festival in April 2007. In it, she spoke of her interests in numerology and yoga, as well as plans to build an educational center for Honduran children. The documentary also included the fatal car crash.
Lopes' funeral was held at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Georgia, and she was buried at Hillandale Memorial Gardens. Prior to her death, Lopes was in an on-and-off relationship with NFL player Andre Rison.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite