Toni Braxton accused of dodging bankruptcy payment
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: FS2/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 8
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Grammy Awards Nominees: 10 Biggest Snubs and Surprises From Bruno Mars to Lady GagaMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:49:04 PM
- 'Swerve' Review: Jason Clarke Gives This Humdrum Noir Its Only ZingMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:15:18 PM
- Egyptian Documentary 'The Square' Wins Top IDA AwardMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:09:27 PM
- #ICYMI: Pop Culture's Craziest This Week- Ron Burgundy, Kardashian Christmas, 'SouMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 9:49:27 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'The Book Thief' Star Geoffrey Rush Heaps Praise on Co-SMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 9:11:18 PM
- Grammy Awards Nominees: 10 Biggest Snubs and Surprises From Bruno Mars to Lady Gaga
Toni Braxton has been accused of transferring $53,490 to her estranged husband to avoid paying creditors in her bankruptcy case.
RELATED: BING: Stars who went broke
The singer's estranged husband, Keri Lewis, received the money after it had already been earmarked to repay creditors, according to new documents filed in the ongoing case.
Now the appointed bankruptcy trustee who originally made the accusation is suing Lewis for the money.
Braxton filed for bankruptcy in 2010, claiming she was between $10 million and $50 million in debt but was only worth between $1 million and $10 million at the time.
RELATED: Gaga doesn't know she's bankrupt
A representative for the singer tells TMZ, "All of the payments made to Lewis prior to Toni's bankruptcy filing were appropriate transfers for reasonable and necessary personal and business expenses in the ordinary course of her business."
The rep adds Braxton will continue to be cooperative and provide the trustee whatever information is required to clear up the allegation.
RELATED: The richest stars under 30
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBFF For Life
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite