Toni Braxton accused of dodging bankruptcy payment
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: FS2/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 8
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- ISIS Produces Hollywood-Style 'Coming Soon' Video Threatening US TroopsMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 2:09:00 PM
- John Carroll Lynch to Play Jerry Sandusky in Penn State Sex Scandal Movie (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 1:45:00 PM
- 'Friends' Scores 20-Episode TBS Marathon for 20th AnniversaryMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 1:19:00 PM
- Senators Debate FCC Net Neutrality Curbs: It is a 'Nanny State Regulation'MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 12:45:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Poster Lines Up Its HeroesMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 11:58:00 AM
- ISIS Produces Hollywood-Style 'Coming Soon' Video Threatening US Troops
Toni Braxton has been accused of transferring $53,490 to her estranged husband to avoid paying creditors in her bankruptcy case.
RELATED: BING: Stars who went broke
The singer's estranged husband, Keri Lewis, received the money after it had already been earmarked to repay creditors, according to new documents filed in the ongoing case.
Now the appointed bankruptcy trustee who originally made the accusation is suing Lewis for the money.
Braxton filed for bankruptcy in 2010, claiming she was between $10 million and $50 million in debt but was only worth between $1 million and $10 million at the time.
RELATED: Gaga doesn't know she's bankrupt
A representative for the singer tells TMZ, "All of the payments made to Lewis prior to Toni's bankruptcy filing were appropriate transfers for reasonable and necessary personal and business expenses in the ordinary course of her business."
The rep adds Braxton will continue to be cooperative and provide the trustee whatever information is required to clear up the allegation.
RELATED: The richest stars under 30
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite