Toni Braxton accused of dodging bankruptcy payment
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: FS2/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 8
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
Toni Braxton has been accused of transferring $53,490 to her estranged husband to avoid paying creditors in her bankruptcy case.
RELATED: BING: Stars who went broke
The singer's estranged husband, Keri Lewis, received the money after it had already been earmarked to repay creditors, according to new documents filed in the ongoing case.
Now the appointed bankruptcy trustee who originally made the accusation is suing Lewis for the money.
Braxton filed for bankruptcy in 2010, claiming she was between $10 million and $50 million in debt but was only worth between $1 million and $10 million at the time.
RELATED: Gaga doesn't know she's bankrupt
A representative for the singer tells TMZ, "All of the payments made to Lewis prior to Toni's bankruptcy filing were appropriate transfers for reasonable and necessary personal and business expenses in the ordinary course of her business."
The rep adds Braxton will continue to be cooperative and provide the trustee whatever information is required to clear up the allegation.
RELATED: The richest stars under 30
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite