Toni Braxton accused of dodging bankruptcy payment
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: FS2/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 8
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
Toni Braxton has been accused of transferring $53,490 to her estranged husband to avoid paying creditors in her bankruptcy case.
RELATED: BING: Stars who went broke
The singer's estranged husband, Keri Lewis, received the money after it had already been earmarked to repay creditors, according to new documents filed in the ongoing case.
Now the appointed bankruptcy trustee who originally made the accusation is suing Lewis for the money.
Braxton filed for bankruptcy in 2010, claiming she was between $10 million and $50 million in debt but was only worth between $1 million and $10 million at the time.
RELATED: Gaga doesn't know she's bankrupt
A representative for the singer tells TMZ, "All of the payments made to Lewis prior to Toni's bankruptcy filing were appropriate transfers for reasonable and necessary personal and business expenses in the ordinary course of her business."
The rep adds Braxton will continue to be cooperative and provide the trustee whatever information is required to clear up the allegation.
RELATED: The richest stars under 30
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite