Toni Braxton accused of dodging bankruptcy payment
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: FS2/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 8
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Susan Lyne to Exit Post as AOL Brand Group CEOMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:09:00 PM
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Publicity Team Apologizes for 'Headless Day' CamMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:45:00 PM
- IMG Names Karen Brodkin President of Business AffairsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:10:00 PM
- Netflix Launching Selective Facebook RecommendationsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 2:41:00 PM
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77
Toni Braxton has been accused of transferring $53,490 to her estranged husband to avoid paying creditors in her bankruptcy case.
RELATED: BING: Stars who went broke
The singer's estranged husband, Keri Lewis, received the money after it had already been earmarked to repay creditors, according to new documents filed in the ongoing case.
Now the appointed bankruptcy trustee who originally made the accusation is suing Lewis for the money.
Braxton filed for bankruptcy in 2010, claiming she was between $10 million and $50 million in debt but was only worth between $1 million and $10 million at the time.
RELATED: Gaga doesn't know she's bankrupt
A representative for the singer tells TMZ, "All of the payments made to Lewis prior to Toni's bankruptcy filing were appropriate transfers for reasonable and necessary personal and business expenses in the ordinary course of her business."
The rep adds Braxton will continue to be cooperative and provide the trustee whatever information is required to clear up the allegation.
RELATED: The richest stars under 30
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGuilty Plea
From Crowd Ignite